“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sal's Angus Grill

Sal's Angus Grill
Ranked #32 of 92 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Hugo, Minnesota
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

I go every Wednesday. Food is great, staff are friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful. I've had the all you can eat walleye at several places around Minnesota. This is one of the best. I have recommended Sal's to several friends who have all said the same.

woodbury
“Spectacular Destination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

I live approximately 25 minutes away from Sal's so I'm not really close. But thinking about the smell of those angus bites, bbq nachos, and ribs gets me everytime. Sometimes the service is a bit slouchy, but decent prices, good drinks, great atmosphere, and above avg food keeps me coming back. I would recommend Sal's to anyone looking for a good family restaurant with above applebees food.

scandia
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

This place is so great I had to share. Sals is a destination trip to enjoy. My first time their I thought the drive was beautiful but long
I wasn't really sure where I was going. Now the rout is familiar and is a nice relaxing drive to wind down. Sals has incredible food there isn't anything I've tried that I don't like. I do have my favorites and recomend Sals angus bites for a starter they have a little bite but are to die for and the stakes are melt in your mouth great!!!! The atomsphere is so beautifuly relaxing the place just seem to give you a hug when your there. It really is a must see you will love it!!!!!!!!!

Stillwater
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2008

Over the past couple years my husband and I have dined at Sal’s approximately once a month on Wednesday for the walleye special. Our general experience is that it is "hit or miss". Sometimes the food is not up to par, sometimes the service is substandard. But we have continued to come, hoping for the best. After our last experience we may not bother again.

We came with a friend, hoping it would be one of the better nights. It was not. We arrived at around 8 PM, thinking this was not cutting it too close. The service was not the worst ever, but certainly not stellar. The problem seemed to be in the kitchen. Our initial serving of walleye was pretty small. My husband and friend had to get three re-fills; the portions were so small they were joking about getting sunfish fillets. We initially got tartar sauce, but when we requested more were informed that they were out.

We were aware the kitchen closed at 9 and did not tarry. Nonetheless, it was 9 PM by the time we left. About 8:45 several waitresses came out and started slamming chairs on the tables throughout the entire room, including the tables right next to ours. Were they in such a hurry to get home they couldn’t wait until we were gone? My husband forgot his hat, so we had to return about 9:30 and I noticed one or more waitresses sitting at the bar.

I wrote a letter to the owner and got no response. It must be nice that they have so many patrons that they can afford to get rid of a few.

2 Thank mzztravel