“I have been to Murasaki quite a few times...”
Review of Murasaki Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Murasaki Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I have been to Murasaki quite a few times now and it seems to get better every time I visit. The staff now knows me by name and the sushi roll of my preference (The Murasaki Roll) Delicious!! I have been to many other sushi and Japanese restaurants and Murasaki is definitely my first choice. Whether you're going for a birthday, flying solo, or with the family, this restaurant seems to be more than accomodating. I live in south Minneapolis and will make the drive any day of the week.

1  Thank mplsprincess612

Reviewed October 6, 2009

This restaurant is located in a little strip mall. We moved to the area recently and weren't sure how it would be, but I had heard good things...we finally went there 2 weeks ago after facing 1 hour waits at 4 restaurants in Stillwater on a Saturday night. It was wonderful. The atmosphere inside is better than expected in a strip mall - nice decor and actually feels cozy. The manager/owner was warm and welcoming and kind. Best of all, the food is fabulous - and they have a great menu with choices for everyone (including picky husbands or kids)....Husband had gyoza, beef teriyaki (great!), and I chose Seafood bento so that I could try a bit of everything (has salmon teriyaki, shrimp tempura, steamed asparagus in ginger sauce, sashimi, nigiri sushi) - plus soup and little salad. Also great beverages and nice wine list. We were so surprised and grateful to find this little gem down the street! It's great for a quiet night out together and excellent food. We ordered takeout tonight and it was just as good! I hope they continue to have good business.

Reviewed November 17, 2008

The Tappenyaki side is fantastic. The chefs are not as theatrical as many other places but they do an excellent job of cooking a great meal. I always order some sushi from the sushi bar as an appetizer when we eat on the tappenyaki side. I can't say one bad thing about Murisaki. I hope they have continued success and expand.

1  Thank Paxras
Reviewed September 25, 2008

If your thinking about eating at Muraski...Let me save you a trip; DON"T GO! There was little fish in my roll...and my edamame was either over cooked or had passed it's expiration. If you want good sushi and ambiance try Giapponese!

3  Thank cozycat3
sushimon, Owner at Murasaki Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2009

All opinions are appreciated and taken seriously. We have over 4 years of serving our serious sushi customers and try our best to please everyone. Unsatisfactory food quality (or quantity) is an issue that should be addressed during a visit so that we are given the opportunity to rectify the concern right away.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook