“Very Good - Hidde Gem”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have lived in Stillwater now for 16 years. Previous Chicago area. Our friends came to visit us from Appleton WI a couple of years ago and like Sushi so we looked up restaurants online and Murasaki came up and was close. Very good the first time, second time, and just recently third time. Staff very very friendly and such a sense of humor. Food is good and enjoyed it very much. I recommend.

1  Thank lauriek

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

First off I was wedged into a corner and could barely move so the comfort factor fails. Also the chef was about as interesting as watching a blank tv screen. The food was average at best and the staff are pretty rude. If you use a Groupon make sure they add it to the check because they tried not to for me and when asked they became a little rude. Overall worst experience in a while do not recomend it at all.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A friend gave us a Groupon that they couldn't use because it was expiring soon. We'd been to this restaurant several times before (a few years ago) and didn't really like it, but figured we'd give it another try. We observed the owner/hostess being rude and condescending to other customers, including rolling her eyes and acting in a completely unprofessional manner. It was uncomfortable and disturbing to watch and that, coupled with poor food and a clearly overwhelmed waitress, made it our last visit ever. It was so unpleasant that if you said that you would pay for my meal plus give me $100, I still would not return.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a very nice dinner last evening (Monday) at Murasaki with my daughter who loves sushi and sashimi. She eats there quite often and I go once every few months. The service was very good and the food was served in no time. It was not at all crowded though. I think our server was fairly new and inexperienced but very attentive and helpful. Murasaki is certainly one of our favorite sushi restaurants in the Twin Cities. I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is back to first rate with the new sushi chef for the past half year or so. The customer service has improved, and this is now a first rate dining experience. The new rolls and custom rolls are excellent, well worth the try. The sushi is always fresh and well-prepared.

The Hibachi/Tempanyaki is good here, the show could be better. It is better than Ichiban, but there is room for improvement. The Tempanyaki food flavor is good and freshness is great.