“We found it open on a Monday”
Review of Murasaki Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Murasaki Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Minnesota
“We found it open on a Monday”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a very nice dinner last evening (Monday) at Murasaki with my daughter who loves sushi and sashimi. She eats there quite often and I go once every few months. The service was very good and the food was served in no time. It was not at all crowded though. I think our server was fairly new and inexperienced but very attentive and helpful. Murasaki is certainly one of our favorite sushi restaurants in the Twin Cities. I would recommend it.

• Visited April 2013

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Love the new sushi chef”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is back to first rate with the new sushi chef for the past half year or so. The customer service has improved, and this is now a first rate dining experience. The new rolls and custom rolls are excellent, well worth the try. The sushi is always fresh and well-prepared.

The Hibachi/Tempanyaki is good here, the show could be better. It is better than Ichiban, but there is room for improvement. The Tempanyaki food flavor is good and freshness is great.

• Visited March 2013
“Thanks for nothing”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I wanted to get some dinner on a Monday night. According Murasaki's website they opened at 5:00 on Monday's. Arrived at the restaurant and the sign also read open at 5:00, but the restaurant was dark. After several phone calls a woman finally answered and told me rudely "We don't open today." Gee, Thanks for nothing.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Sushi & Serice”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

An awesome experience in Eastern quisene. A quaint little spot found in a strip mall on the edge of town. Service, preparation, and quality makes for a delightful experience. Bon a petite

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Decided to try out a new teppanyaki place and this place has a big sign that says sushi and teppanyaki, however after being seated we were informed that it wasn't available. (We were at a normal table but I thought maybe this place operated like Osaka express downtown). The host was unwelcoming and rude when we didn't have a reservation even though there was only 2 people in the place. She looked around the restaurant and rudely smacked her lips and told us the only table available was the one by the door, not really even in the restaurant. I felt like I was at the kiddy table. Other couples came in without reservations and they were treated differently than we were. We ate there regardless of them not having what we came for. Tried to get fried rice as a substitute for white and they wanted $9 and wouldn't do it. However on the teppanyaki menu you can sub fried rice for 3.50, what a joke. Waitress brought our drinks to the wrong table and when she brought back our refills mine wasn't even soda like it was before. Food was good service poor and sign outside that brought us in was misleading, probably won't go back.

• Visited January 2013