“Poor meal, indifferent service”
Review of Luna Rossa - CLOSED

Luna Rossa
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nelson Parkway
Description: In Italy, when you plan a meal for someone you care about, you do many things to prepare. You start with the freshest ingredients of their favorite foods, and then you combine those ingredients with so much affection that you can taste it in every bite. Only the best will do, and here at Luna Rossa Trattoria & Wine Bar, we want you to feel like our family and best friends, and we have been anxiously awaiting your arrival! We hope you feel right at home with us, and like you’ve experienced a little bit of Italy with your best friends and family right here in Stillwater.
Minneapolis, Mn
“Poor meal, indifferent service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We began by taking the cave tour. There were four of us, tickets were $7 and we were told we would get $7 off our restaurant bill, which I stupidly assumed was per person. No such luck.

We had reservations. Granted, after the cave tour, we were a little early. My friend told the hostess, she said it would take a minute to clear the table. Several minutes later, we looked, and the table was clean and empty. We wondered. We went over and sat down and were immediately told by a waitress we should not seat ourselves, had we talked to a hostess (yes) and they were very busy. They certainly did not look very busy with several empty tables.
My friend said we did have reservations, so they sort of set up the table, with napkins but no knives and forks. One drink menu for the whole table of four and we passed it around looking and she came back twice to see if we were ready. It had not made its way around either time.
The Margaraitas we al had were good.
The house salad was mediocre at best. The bread, pretty good, came with a tiny amount of the house spread. Not enough for more than 3 slices tops of the big basket. I ordered pork medallions. So did my husband. I asked for them to be well done.
They were not well done. They were, in fact, pretty poor and I ate less than half. The baked potato was ok, the vegetables ok, the service (we had to ask for silverware after our food came) pathetic. The bill for my husband and I was about $79.
Unless it changes hands, I will never eat there again and our friends agreed. We are friendly, happy people who do not complain much at restaurants but I highly recommend not going there.
By the way, when I visited the restrooms inside, there was a musical trio that just blared. I was hugely relieved that at least we were sitting outside where we could actually talk, although many extremely loud motorcycles sped through on main street.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathleen B

Long Lake, Minnesota
“Slow and bad”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Incredibly slow service, filthy silverware and food that was not worth the long wait. Pesto pasta was swimming in olive oil. Rosa not bad.

Visited August 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Cold Food and Smelly Interior”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We chose a table outside because the inside smelled musty and damp. Our veal dishes were luke warm at best and my baked potato was cold, never heated. The sauce on my veal picatta overwhelmed the dry veal. This restaurant is overpriced and the food is just not that good.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visited Luna Rosa on business last week. Enjoyed good food and service. Highly suggest the pork prime rib.

• Visited July 2013
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a great lunch out on the patio. It was pretty affordable, too. Yummy bread comes with it, and a special butter they make. The waitress was really friendly and offered us tips on where else to eat and what to do while we were in town.

Visited June 2013