“Barbeque a bit above most "chain" restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Barbeque a bit above most "chain" restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Seriously, true barbeque snobs like me usually wouldn't take the time on a place like this, but after going here for the second time, thought it was worthy. First off, order a cold one and spend a few minutes looking at all the kitschy stuff all over the place...VERY Minnesota! Second off, it's my brother and sister in law's favorite restaurant, so I happily tagged along. For what it is, the barbeque's not bad at all. They love the rib tips, and the catfish, while I HAD to have ribs. Their St. Louis cut ribs are meaty, trimmed nicely, and are actually slow smoked, none of the typical retaurant boil and broil. Had some onion straws, some mac and cheese, and some beans...all were tasty! Nice selection of sauces to try as well. Just try Famous Dave's...you might be pleasantly surprised!

• Visited August 2013

stillwater
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had lunch at Famous Daves. Rib tips were cold. Refrigerator cold. Told waitress about it. Took my whole dinner and microwaved the whole thing. Never going back. If you want good BBQ, go to Bayport BBQ

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Famous Daves is our favorite BBQ restaurant.
Great smoky flavor to the meat if you like that sort of thing. Good variety of sauces from mild to hot.
Good "North Woods Cabin" atmosphere and service.

Visited February 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Excellent BBQ & Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I came for a Saturday night dinner. While we've also had good luck here, tonight's meal was exceptional. We both had the St. Louis Ribs and they were *wonderful*. Just done perfectly. For sides we both had the Wilbur beans. For the 2nd side, my wife has the coleslaw while I had the fries. Once again, really delicious. Everything was done very well. Service was good also. Plus happy hour - on a Saturday. I can't remember when we've enjoyed a meal so much.

• Visited April 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Famous Dave's Better This Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I wrote an earlier review of Famous Dave's expressing my disappointment in their service and food from a previous visit. We have since visited the same Famous Dave's and had a very different experience.

My husband and I returned without our children in February and had a delightful dinner.

When we were seated I shared with our waitress that our previous visit had been unsatisfactory and was hoping this visit would be better. It sure was! She was the perfect blend of checking in, not stopping by too often but making sure we were satisfied and had everything we needed.

My chicken was done to perfection and falling off the bone, the way good barbeque should be. Yum. We didn't have to wait for our food, she brought it out only minutes after we'd placed our order. On top of that, we had a coupon so the price was right.

I'm glad we stopped in and gave you another chance Famous Dave's. The food and service were great. Job well done!

• Visited February 2013