Water Street Inn
$60
$55
$48
TripAdvisor
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater(Stillwater)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
$75
$73
Agoda.com
Royal Inn - Hudson(Hudson)(Great Value!)
$60
$55
Official Site
$77
Quality Inn(Hudson)
$75
$95
All reviewsthe riverirish publift bridgehigh ceilingsdowntown stillwaterroom suitehistoric buildingwatch tvmain streetfireplaceballroomhistoryera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I stayed at a suite at the Water Street Inn for a weekend getaway. We were initially disappointed with the accommodations as the towels and bedding were extremely old and threadbare. That evening we also found out that the walls are paper thin. There was a wedding and drunken guests were screaming obscenities at 2:30 in the morning. A fight also broke out in the hallways outside our room. We called down several times but the phone was never answered. To make matter worse, they offered to comp the room the next morning, then charged us two days later. Please choose someplace else to stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anonymousMinnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2008

My now husband booked a room here for our wedding night. Let's just say I was underwhelmed. No room service, mold on the shower curtain, the sheets were old and thin - and in fact, the sheet is all you get, unless you want to use the itchy Walmart-quality bedspread that is on top of them. Yucky pillows, and not enough of them. Paint is chipping, wall paper peeling in the bathroom.... We were there from about 3am-11am, then promptly checked out and moved to the EXCELLENT Lowell Inn, just down the street. We were ready to pay lots more for a better newlywed experience - but the Lowell was actually cheaper than WS Inn!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nonlocalgirl
Reviewed March 23, 2008

We had an absolutely marvelous stay. The room was warm and inviting, the whirlpool was a great addition and to watch the fireplace from the whirlpool while it was snowing outside was way cool. While the facility could use a bit more tender loving care, it was clean and well kept. The staff was all very friendly and helpful.

We had the Easter Buffet and that too was great. The food was delicious and special - way better than your usual powdered eggs on a normal buffet.

We are already planning when we should return for another visit.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2008

Disappointed to find out when we arrived that the restaurant was closed for dinner. We had planned a romantic getway and looked forward to dinner or room service. Talked to the desk clerk about options for ordering food from a restaurant and was told they had menus at the desk that we could look at. Went down to look at them and the only thing they had was a phone number for a pizza joint. It was a Sunday night, and the town shut down at 6:00 p.m, so no food to be had - wound up walking to the convenience store that was less than a block away for some snacks. Not very romantic!
Here's the kicker - we had breakfast in the restaurant on Monday morning before we checked out and the waitress said that we were one of just three hotel guests! I would think that they could have picked up the phone and let us know about the restaurant situation. We could have prepared better.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoadJewel
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Please do visit Stillwater, but do a little research and you will find there are better options for your stay. I would suggest the Rivertown Inn. I wanted to stay at the Rivertown Inn, but there were no rooms available, so we stayed at the Water Street Inn.

The Water Street Inn was formerly called the Lumber Baron. We were guests of the inn a few years ago, prior to the name change. Apparently there has been an ownership change also. The attention to detail is just not there.

We were originally booked in room 318: Riverview vault suite at $159/night. Upon review of the room, (sparce and very uncomfortable furnishings), we asked to be moved. The guy at the front desk really didn't want to be bothered with our request. However, we did trade with room 218 - also a riverview vault suite.

Here are my major concerns about this property:

The front desk guy was a pain and made me feel uncomfortable. As the customer, I should have the right to let him know if I am unhappy about something.

The furniture needs to be maintained or replaced now. I don't think the furnishings were commercial quality and the chairs bottom out when you sit in them. The chairs in our room and the chairs in the lobby are that way.

The painted wood work in the rooms is chipped.

Although the bathrooms are large, the showers are small.

There is one television in the room and it is so poor in size and quality the owners should be embarassed to even have them in the room.

The drinks in the lounge are quite expensive. I think they were more money than the Marriott in Manhattan.

The elevator is verrrrryyyy slllllllooooowwwwww (and there are only 3 floors!)

This hotel has soooo much potential - but it truly needs some tender loving care. The ambience of the Lumber Baron is gone and it's very sad for me to see - this was one of my favorites.

Stay at the Rivertown Inn. You will be amazed at the decor and the friendliness of the staff. You will feel like royalty. Don't go to the Water Street Inn unless the Rivertown is full and you can't change your dates.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple