“wonderful place on the water”
Review of Dock Cafe

Dock Cafe
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

we only had appetizers and drinks, but the food was wonderful and so was the service. Loved the outdoor seating!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

There are many restaurants on the river but I think this one has the best views. Be ready to wait a bit if you come on a weekend at dinner rush hour and want to sit on the deck. Food is good but not over the top. Wild rice soup is great as is the key lime pie. 8 year old great grand nephew was blown away by the burger and ate the whole thing! We shared a few appetizers which came quickly and placated 3 children's appetites until main courses arrived. Service was well timed. Everyone left full and happy and then took a walk along the river.

1  Thank marlys16
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went for lunch. Was seated promptly on the deck. The sits around were empty but filled quickly. No one came to my table, but did to the others. Eventually was told they had changed sections and hadn't realized it, "Sorry". I order. 30 minutes later with everyone around me eating I asked for a manager. 10 minutes later one finally comes as does my lunch (not from her). Again "sorry we seem to have screwed up over and over on you." Then I get the excuses. Not my problem if someone didn't show up or any of your other excuses. And a "free sundae" after waiting 50 minutes for lunch isn't adequate. Won't be back.

1  Thank BAElizabeth7
Reviewed June 28, 2014

What a great experience that we could sit inches from the flooded St Croix River while enjoying Hendrix Martinis, pan seared walleye, and ahi tuna appetizers.

You can't get any closer to the river than this, unless you are in a boat.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I found the food here good, not spectacular. I do feel that the restaurant itself seems a bit dated for me. Kind of reminds me of a supper club for the 80's. We ate here for our anniversary and they were very kind to have a bottle of champagne ready for us as I requested and then they treated us to a dessert at the end of our meal.

1  Thank WildFan