“Pleasant experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I tried this place out after we tried to get a table at Marx, but was told there was an hour wait. The food here was very good, and the view of the river was an added bonus. Service was prompt and the waiter was attentive. The only thing I didn't care for was that you had to pay $3 extra for soup or salad with your dinner entree. A complimentary bread basket is provided however. The prices were not out of line and dinner for both of us-without drinks- was about $60 with tip. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I live just outside of Stillwater so I frequent downtown restaurants quite a bit. I have been to the Dock Cafe on several occasions and find it dated and the food is average. There are much better places for great food in the town. It is, however, a great place to have a cocktail and look over the river.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Dock Café is one of our favorite places to visit when we are in Stillwater. Stillwater itself is worth the drive, with its quaint shops, antique stores and history. Its like going back in time. The Dock is right in town almost on the waters of the beautiful St. Croix. Any time is good in visiting this restaurant but particularly the summer is the best. We stop here during the "lull" of the dinner crowd and stay longer to watch the lift bridge in action as well as the cruisers going up and down the river. There is ample outside seating/dining as well as inside seating against a wall of windows. The views are spectacular! Night time in the summer with the twinkling patio lights and full moon make it a magical place for dinner. The fish and pasta dishes are always delicious, and the risotto is fantastic. When risotto is on a restaurant menu, I always order this and comparatively speaking, the Dock is by far the best I have ever had.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always friendly staff great food and service. nice atmosphere pleasant folks in a great town .!!make it a must go to on your list

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I live in this town which is very charming. Antique and specialty shops. Haven't eaten at Dock for awhile. Food is good but I feel it's overpriced. This does have a nice deck for dinner or just drinks, overlooking the river and paddleboats. Worth a visit