“A personal favorite”

Domacin Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stillwater, Minnesota
“A personal favorite”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Of the wine bars in the are, this is a personal favorite. The great atmosphere, the terrific appetizers, wonderful food dishes, great service and marvelous wine selection are... well... fantastic.

The other good wine bar in Stillwater is a bit darker and removed in a main street setting. Domacin is located in a bright, open, airy building off the main traffic area. I highly recommend sitting at the bar and letting the bartender guide your evening.

The menu is terrific, if a limited selection. That's okay, everything on the menu at this rustic wine bar is very solid - I have worked hard to take all of the menu in... work, work, work.. :). If you are coming here for food, keep in mind the limited but tasty menu - it's NOT a restaurant and wine bar, it's a WINE BAR with good food.

The wine lover appetizer (cheeses, sausage, almonds, fondue etc), the prosciutto flatbread, and the scallop appetizer are worth the trip when paired with good wine.

The dinner menu is always a treat, come prepared to enjoy yourself and take your time doing so. There is a terrific wine room for groups to enjoy dinner in a private setting, surrounded by friends and wine.

This is my guilty pleasure delight when it comes to wine, friends, and food. If I could somehow push a sixth star up for this, I would. It is located in Stillwater, about 30 or so minutes from the Twin Cities.

Visited January 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful meal and fantastic service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I knew I was going to like Domacin as soon as I walked in the door. It was small and cute, just like a wine bar should be. We were greeted by the owner who was very accommodating and apologetic that we had to wait a little bit for our table even though we were 30 mins early for our reservation. Our food was outstanding and our waiter was amazing. He was attentive but not overly so and extremely nice and friendly. Highly recommend!

Visited January 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“A Local Gem”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

As a resident of Stillwater, I make every effort to shop and eat locally - fortunately we're surrounded by wonderful, unique eateries. On my top 3 list is Domacin, a quaint, warm and rustic wine bar near downtown. If you're looking to stretch your wine palette, be sure to inquire with owner Aleks. He takes great pride in bringing quality wine at a reasonable price (given the upscale restaurant atmosphere). For groups of 4-8 looking for a fun experience, ask to be seated in the wine room, just off the west side of the entrance. The pasta dishes are always fabulous!

• Visited November 2012
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Felt right at home here.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Divine food & wine. Great service. My friend and I Spent about 3 1/2 hours there trying out a 5 course meal and checking out the attached wine store. Aleks the owner had the chef prepare food for us, that wasn't even on the menu. The scallop appetizer, my friend said, "was the best food" that she had tasted in a really long time. The seabass had just come in a few hours before and was completely fresh and melted in my mouth. The dessert "panna cotta" was heaven. The wine paired with our food was fabulous! I fell in love with 3 of the wines that we tasted. Aleks was very friendly & attentive host/proprietor. (It probably helped that he was a friend of one my friends). The only downside was the small parking lot, and we did have trouble locating it at first. It was also a bit drafty, but we were by the window. But overall, the experience was Amazing and I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were kind of disappointed by the variety of dishes. It was fine and the service was great but as people who really love great restaurants and food, it was lackluster. We did enjoy watching the drama at the bar.

Visited June 2012