“Pleasantly surprised for our first time there”

Phil's Tara Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Soups, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasantly surprised for our first time there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

What a wonderful surprise! Best Brie Burger ever! The lunch sea bass was a good sized portion for $9, a very fair price. We checked out the dinner menu and will, definitely, be back. The ambience is very modern log cabin, making it fun, too.

• Visited August 2014

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Nope, Never need to go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Arrived on a Wednesday night... with reservations. Place was CRAMMED. Way too loud to hear the person on the other side of the table. From time of ordering, food took 1 hr 45 min. Took at least 30 minutes before we could order apps or food. Not one person in our party was impressed in the slightest by the food. We ordered pasta, trout, steak, salad... none... not one was worth paying for. Was it horrible? No. Worth the time or money... Absolutely NO.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank amberh30
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
“Great food, cramped space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

It's great to have some somewhat authentic greek food in Stillwater, and the food is good, but I have had multiple meals here ruined by the fact that when it gets busy they stuff ya in like sardines. I am rather tall, but there have been nights where I am kicking the person I am dining with, and I am back to back with the people at the next table. Otherwise the food is good, as is the service; nothing to jump up and down about, but good.

• Visited December 2013
Shoreview, Minnesota
“Wonderful food for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were a bit tired of spending so much on restaurant meals all the time. Sometimes, it is worth it, sometimes not.
Phil's gives you such good food for not too much money. My husband had the fish special which was fabulous. Son had the Greek sampler plate. So much food and delicious.
Server could not have been more pleasant, especially because we took our time ordering our main course.
The atmosphere is good, cabin feel. It was just a mite bit cramped and noisy.
All in all, I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
Sequim, WA
“Interesting but not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were staying at a vacation rental in the neighborhood Saw the reviews for this place and thought why not? When we arrived it was about 8:15, we got right in. There server was prompt to provide us menus and water and to take our drink order. After that though he was not very attentive.
I ordered the lamb chop with athenian potatoes with feta. Good grilled lamb chop but not particular special. The potatoes were particularly lackluster. Presentation was nil and there was suppose to be greek spices with feta but if there were, it was a surprise to me. My husband had hazelnut walleye and he thought it was wonderful. It came with french fries, spiced perfectly in a cone that were delightful. I only wish I had order them.
I would not recommend this restaurant, it was just whatever....

• Visited July 2014