“Great value and quality!”

Phil's Tara Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Stillwater
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved this experience. This restaurant is always packed when you go by. Finally convinced my boyfriend to go here and now we see what everyone is talking about. Wow! The portions are generous. We had a great waitress, so friendly and came back often even though it was really packed. The entrees had side dish options and you could upgrade those. Bf had the prime rib and fettucine side dish. The fettucine had a light sauce that was just perfect. I'll get that next time. I had greek chicken and a orzo with artichoke side dish. It was delicious, The orzo had a butter sauce that was melt in your mouth good. I had upgraded my dinner salad to a greek salad and it was huge! I couldnt eat my whole dinner. The next time I will just stick with the dinner salad and Im sure it will still be too much. The prime rib was enormous and not overcooked which is my bf usual complaint. It smelled great. They serve soft rolls with dinner. Just an awesome value and delicious! We will be back again and look forward to bringing friends there.

There are newer reviews for Phil's Tara Hideaway

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have wandered Stillwater many times over the years, but never realized this place was here. I guess the locals know about it, because it was packed on a Wednesday night. The history of the place is charming, the food was delicious and the service was spot on. I had the Mediterranean pork chops and they were delicious. Cooked perfectly. My husband had a steak special and he couldn't stop raving about how tender and tasty it was. My favorite, though, was the pork belly crostini. I wish I had ordered 6 of them! This is a friendly, well managed restaurant that I look forward to visiting often.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We meet friends there on a regular basis. The food is always great, Kip is a very good server, and we always have a good time. Only place is small so the tables are jammed together. If you're looking for a place to have a nice, quiet, intimate dinner, this isn't the spot. If you are looking for consistently great food, Phil's is the place. Try a week night rather than Friday or Saturday, it's easier to get a table.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Good solid menu great service, absolutely nothing to complain about...
Had the steak with crusted top.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was a very cute & homey restaurant, with a log cabin decor. The service was excellent & attentive. The prices were a little high for the value tho. My liver & onion entree was wonderful, but my partners grilled pork chop was tough & flavorless. I've heard that you sometimes can expect a long wait for a table, and they don't take reservations. We went during the state fair, so got a table quickly.