“Are you absolutely kidding me?”

The Murder Mystery Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party? Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Hastings, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Are you absolutely kidding me?”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I wrote the "actors" this very same complaint. I was charged $72 per person for my mother and I ($144 total) for "gold circle" seating, a show, and dinner. I was led to believe there was a stage and wanted to sit up close so my mother could hear and see the show. So tickets were $60 PLUS $12 extra per person to sit in "gold circle" seating. There was no stage and the actors were all over the place with faulty microphones which made it impossible for either one of us to hear what was going on. Also-these "professionals" sent several confusing emails regarding surveys before we had even seen the show and stated that it was going to be "Billioniare's Masquerade" show-but it was the "Wedding show" instead. Finally-my mother and I ordered a vegetarian meal which was supposed to be pasta and instead it was frozen vegetables over a little bit of rice. The salad was a few sprigs of lettuce with a couple of small vegetables and 5 croutons on it. Finally-the desert was an "out of the box" brownie with a strawberry. Seriously? I cannot believe anyone gave this any more than one star. If I were attending a high school play then this would've been fine, but these are grown adults over-charging people for a poor show, poor atmosphere, and extremely poor food. I knew that this was the KC Hall and didn't expect perfection, but I am truly amazed at how some people believe they can charge money for this disaster. PLEASE throw your money away elsewhere. You will be so disappointed if you pay to see this and eat food that isn't even fit for a cafeteria. People who gave this five stars have no sense of what decent food and entertainment is. Oh and please know that they take your picture when you walk in the door and then try to charge a fee for that too and THEN expect a tip at the end of the night! What a ripoff.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank mda12500

New Brighton, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Murder Mystery Dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a group of 6 people and went to this show on September 9th I can not stop talking about it. I had the most fun I have had in a long time. you can sit quiet and watch or you can get involved. The Murder Mystery Company Staff was so awesome very comfortable and no pressure to do anything. We really did have a good time and a person in our group ended up playing a part in the play and the way they do that works great because not even the people that get choosen to be part of the act know who the killer is until the end. Highly recomend.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dasher621
Oronoco, Minnesota
“Keep your eyes open !”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a marvelous time. Our tablemates were fantastic and everyone really enjoyed the "reception". If you're looking for a completely different experience.........this one has it all.....
Intrique, mystery, excitement, lies, and completely unique characters.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Pat B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mystery comes alive”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you're a fan of who-done-its, you likely will enjoy a visit to the Murder Mystery Company in Stillwater. The entire audience is able to choose to participate at whatever their comfort level and work with their table in solving the tale you begin upon entry at the door. Greeted by part of the "real" cast, you are escorted in and given some of the basics with a private folder just for your table. From there, invited guests become part of the action and mingle with other guests to figure out the who, how and why as the story unfolds throughout your meal. Half the fun was observing some of the guests become such good actors we thought they were plants from the crew! This proved to be a delight filled evening out. It's no mystery why this is the place to be in Stillwater.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mplsmeg
Hastings, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Entertaining Evening!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I grew up playing dress-up and D&D, so I was hoping for a lot from this experience but expecting to be a little disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised! The crew was very professional, hilarious, and in-character right from the minute we entered the hall, and that was very entertaining! The "clues" were intriguing, the oppportunities to mingle and play detective were fun, and the solution to the crime was just difficult enough where it wasn't a complete sell. The only thing I can say that was slightly negative, and maybe this is "Minnesotans"...but about a third of the people didn't even dress up, and it does say on the website to "classy up" your dress, at least, if you're not going to come in full period attire. There were people there in t-shirts and shorts, and that kind of ruins the mood for the rest of us. It would be good if the company made more of an effort to encourage or mandate dress-up. If you're planning to attend, please at least dress up!

Visited June 2012