Danny's Bar & Grill
Ranked #36 of 100 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Danny's Bar and Grill at StoneRidge Golf Club is an upscale casual dining experience like no other. We combine award-winning cuisine with an upbeat and fun atmosphere. Enjoy an intimate night out with a nice bottle of wine around our indoor/outdoor fireplace or kick back on our patio with breathtaking views and our homemade white wine sangria. Either way is a winner with our tap beer selection and live music!
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It all started on a weeknight, looking for something different and not too far away. Checking our smart phone dining app, this came up as a suggestion. Thought we'd check it out for a drink and appetizer after work and, Wow!, did we get a great surprise! The outdoor patio was excellent, looking over a beautiful golf course. The service was excellent and friendly. Drinks were well-poured and the appetizers were delicious. We wound up whiling away a great summer evening, enjoying an excellent, gourmet dinner in a near-perfect setting. Hats off to the chef and staff. We've been back virtually every week since and also brought friends and family and never had a bad experience. We highly recommend Danny's whether you live close by or not. Worth the trip.

1  Thank Steven P

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy Danny's atmosphere. Have eaten there at least 10 times and have never had a bad meal. We often order the specials but like most items on the regular menu, too. The guacamole is amazing but is only offered in season. Beer selection is good. Weekend music is typically good as well. We highly recommend Danny's!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Danny's is part of a very nice looking golf course just off I-94 near the Hudson bridge and since we are not golfers we have not had the occasion to try this restaurant even though it's close to home. We went on a Friday night on the combined occasion of Valentines and my birthday. There was live music, a fireplace and an amazingly upscale, modern ambiance considering the golf course setting. The seating area is small but service was good and the food was very well done. My husband ordered a Mahi Mahi dish that was uniquely panAsian. He loved it. I ordered the 3 course prix fix Valentine's dinner with shrimp and scallops over risotto. The seafood was perfectly seared, the risotto creamy. The little chocolate dessert came with a candle and the musician began singing happy birthday as it arrived with a smile at my table. It was a nice touch. Lesson learned. Don't disregard a restaurant because of it's location.

1  Thank Hudsonrev
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is actually the second time my husband and I have eaten here. The first time was back in September when I had purchased a Groupon. The food is unbelievably good! It is expensive, but worth it. I had the pecan encrusted walleye, and it came crunchy, perfectly cooked, and topped with a maple sauce that was a bit of heaven. The steamed veggies were cooked well, and the wild rice pilaf was good too. My husband had a steak (New York Strip I think), and enjoyed his meal every bit as much as I did. The bread basket comes warm, with tasty crisp flatbread, as well as bread, and was so delicious, we had seconds!
I would recommend this place in a heart beat!

1  Thank Jilly070
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family went to Danny's to celebrate a special birthday. From the time we walked in the door, we knew we were in for a great evening. The setting is gorgeous, inside and out. The food was exceptional...highly recommend the pecan walleye and the filet mignon. Our server was one of the best ever...she was especially kind, patient, and attentive to my elderly mother. The chef paid a visit to our table and brought baked Alaska for us to enjoy. What's not to like?? This place is now on my list of favorites. TIP: It can be tricky getting there. Check out the website for directions.

1  Thank GrandmaSMinnesota