“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Elk River, Minnesota
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here during a recent girls weekend in Stillwater. The room is somewhat dated, but clean. The lobby was clean. The hot tub floor had about 2 cups of sand on the bottom when we stayed and should have been cleaned out. The continental breakfast is what I would expect. . .nothing special but a bagel and coffee was fine for us before hitting the road. I clean, inexpensive place to stay in Stillwater.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I blocked rooms over the labor day weekend at this site for a wedding. There were many problems. The guests were charged incorrect rates for their rooms, wedding packets were not distributed to guests at check in, which contained directions to the wedding venue and transportation vochers, the security lock on the back door was broken and anyone could walk in, the food was awful and no housekeeping because it was a holiday! I attempted to work with the site and corporate management without getting a satisfactory outcome for my guests. Don't
make my mistake, stay away from the place. It should be shut down due to unethical business practices, and an incompetent staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank connie s

Travelers are raving about these Stillwater hotels

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding (as did the majority of the guests) the group rate was the same as the normal rate, if not more. For one night's stay in this rundown outdated mess, we paid almost $200. The hotel is not easily accessible as there is only a staircase in the main lobby and a solid curb in front of the entrance. Allegedly the hotel is non smoking. . . You could actually smell cigarette smoke in the hall. When we asked to change rooms and the hotel staff assured us the hotel was nonsmoking and begrudgingly let us change to a "lower rate" room but wouldn't change our bill. We weren't allowed to check in until after 3:30 and were told late checkout wasn't available for our room. Stillwater is a fantastic town, but I would stay in the Twin Cities or sleep in my car before staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MinneyFam
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed over the 4th of July weekend and the hotel was nice, front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean, pool area was nice for the kids. Very quiet even though close to a lot of things. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was traveling cross-country with six pets and was happy to book this hotel based on the many positive reviews. And the hotel was fine, except for two quibbles: 1- it's enough miles off I-94 that you begin to wonder if your GPS is leading you astray; and 2- although the suites have a refrigerator, stove, microwave and sink, there are NO kitchen implements at all. No cutlery, dishes, pots, dishwashing liquid, paper towels, nada. If you need these items, be sure to bring your own! I asked the desk clerk for directions to a supermarket to buy some food and mentioned that I'd need these items as well, and she very helpfully suggested two nearby markets. (The one right next to the hotel has a good selection of gourmet food and wines but is rather expensive; all other stores are beyond walking distance.) When I mentioned the lack of kitchen basics to another desk clerk the next morning when checking out, she said too many people had been stealing those items - even plastic forks and stuff - that they had to stop offering them. She said I could have taken some from the breakfast area. It would have been nice if the evening desk clerk had mentioned that... but anyway, the hotel is nice and totally quiet, reasonably priced and pet-friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a clean and tidy property with a lodge-like feel to it.
It is certainly comfortable, quiet and the staff responds to requests.

A few things that slightly drew away my interest were...
- the location...it is located on a service road and does not really have much within walking distance in terms of shopping, restaurants. However, if you drive for about 10 minutes you can visit the quaint downtown area of Stillwater, which I enjoyed.
- It appears to have a nice swimming pool (which I did not use). However, there is no fitness area of any sort. Not even a few cardio machines, which was a disappointment as they appear to have enough room to accommodate this.
- The rooms have no closets! - Instead there is wooden shelf mounted to the wall with hangers. But it's just sort of out in the open. I live putting my items away in a closet or a wardrobe of some type.

Overall, while not my favorite venue, it is not bad and it does offer enough comfort and peace and quiet to satisfy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed one night and found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly and helpful in every way. We value a clean, quiet, comfortable room above all and found all these things true at this hotel. Breakfast was the normal quick breakfast with quite a few choices.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Don C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!