“Wonderful Weekend”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My father and I stayed at The AmericInn in Stillwater MN and had a wonderful experience. All of the employees were wonderful, especially Megan. Megan went out of her way to make our stay perfect. Dad and I would recommend this property to all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband I decided very, very last minute to go to the courthouse and get married. I had only a few hours to find a dress, flowers, shoes and a room (huge suprise for my husband) so we could celebrate. When I called the AmericInn I was surprised to hear the hotel manager (Tiki) answer! Tiki was very helpful and courteous. She even gave us a discount on our room to congradulate us on our marriage, which was very surprising for any hotel and for the fact we made a same day reservation.

I arrived to check in before I met my husband at the courthouse and was welcomed with warm smiles and greetings. Again to my surprise, there was Tiki . When the reservation was looked up, Tiki became almost as excited as I was about suprising my husband. She even helped me tie the ribbons on the champane glasses I brought and got a bucket of ice to chill the champane. I proceeded to the room which was a TWO room suite! With so many extras-whirlpool in room, fridge, microwave and hair dryer (just to name a few) I changed into my dress and received oohh's and aahh's when coming down the stairs. (Which made me feel like a princess!) I rushed off to the courthouse.

When my husband and I returned to the hotel, we were greeted with applause and congradulations galore! (If they had rice, they would've been throwing it, I'm sure!) We went up to as blushing newlyweds.

Thank you so much for exceeding my wildest expectations from any hotel. You definately raised the bar and then hurdled a million miles over it! A very special thank you to Tiki, you really saved the day!

Heidi and Joshua Weyker

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed two nights here. We arrived early and we were greeted by Tiki the hotel manager. She gives new meaning to customer service! She gave us local brochures and info on what was happening around town during our stay. She even offered to help us get our luggage to our room.
The entire hotel staff was courteous and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.
The room was very clean and well kept. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pool area was also kept very clean. The rooms were quiet which is nice when you are ready to get some rest.
The motel is also close to restaurants and shopping.
We would recommend this motel to anyone staying in the Stillwater area. We'll be back!!
Scott

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed June 5, 2012

we have stayed in all kinds of hotels over the years, but the quality of the staff and the hotel and the price was amazing and second to none. We dealt with Jodi, Teakke, Julie, Bob, Megan, and the cleaning staff, and what an outstanding experience!! I don't care if it is business or personal travel, this is where you want to stay, even if you have to drive a little farther, the value for the money is second to none. The staff of front desk, cleaning and maintenance was frankly unbelievable, as was the quality of the food and the coffee(always hot and fresh)well enough about me...seriously, if you are looking for anywhere in the minneapolis/st. paul market this is the place, whether you are looking for a 5 star or just a good solid value, this is the place. The quality of the staff, all included, and the property was 5 star plus. Simply outstanding. Second to none that we have stayed at in over 30 years.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jim h
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very nice staff.quiet stay.room was very clean and neat.super easy reservations.simple to find.

Room Tip: lower level is great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dale P
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family and I planned a trip to Stillwater, we arrived a little early for check-in, but the asst. manager Julie was very helpful and accomadating. She saw to it that we were able to get into our room right away which was great since we had plans and needed to get ready. She was a HUGE help!!! We all had a wonderful time. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was delicious and there was a large variety of choices. Best hotel stay I have had in a while. We will defineately be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank a9_mills
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for a wedding. I was a little worried due to the fact that when we checked in there was a hole in our bed spread- in the center of the bed. The room was clean but definitely no frills. The hot tub was broken so that was a disappointment but the hotel did take 15.00 off of all the rooms in our party. The lobby is very nice- and the continental breakfast looked nice although by the time we at 9:00 there was not much selection left. Check your bill though- there was a miscellaneous room charge of an additional 15.00 just a mix up- but the front desk cleared it up immediately.
We were Ok with the room for the price- had we paid more probably would not have been satisifed. Just remember - you get what you pay for. They could definitely use some updating- other reviews indicated the rooms were large- no they were you average size.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Comfort Inn & Suites
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!