Comfort Inn & Suites
Lowell Inn(Stillwater)
Water Street Inn(Stillwater)
Quality Inn(Hudson)
View Hotel
All reviewswould stay here againwaffle ironroom was cleanfront desk stafffine placegreat place to staypool and hot tubnice poolanytime fitnessvisit stillwaterbreakfast areaconvenient locationpull out couchchecking infresh fruitmnmaintenance
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night & had some issues with our reservation but they worked hard to fix the problem and were responsive to our concerns. The hotel is very average, but is a good deal. Location is good... Close to restaurants and not far from downtown Stillwater.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Im hosting a party here at tbe begining of the month and blocking several rooms out for our guests. the staff was wonderful to work with, provided us acsess to rooms for viewing, had helpful ideas for our setup and were extremely profesional. Looking forward to our continued work with this company.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've stayed at what is now the "Crossings" hotel in Stillwater every Christmas for over a decade, but it never seems to get the kind of updating it needs. So we tried the Lexington, which is literally around the corner, seeking some kind of "suite" experience -- staying with our 7 year old for multiple nights, it's great to be able to separate waking and sleeping.

We got one of the oddest suites I've ever stayed in. There was a small kitchenette and living area that connected to an offset large sleeping room -- but with no door in the wall opening. Why no door? You've got me, I've stayed in plenty of rooms that had a separate bedroom so I don't think it's a fire code issue. But the open gap in the wall sort of hinders the whole "kid's awake at 6 a.m. and we can still sleep" situation. Considering the surcharge we paid for this room type, I wasn't satisfied with the arrangement.

Further, the alleged thermostats on the window heaters (one in each room) were useless. The first night, with a low around zero outside, we put the heat on. Mistake. The room quickly became stifling. No matter how we tried to adjust the temperatures, the heat poured out continuously and ultimately wrecked that first night's sleep. The next night, we just turned the heaters off. The room temperature dropped to the low 60's overnight, but that was an improvement. The blankets were warm enough to make it acceptable.

I lived in doubt of the cleanliness of the room. I walked into the kitchen and immediately noticed an empty kids' juice pouch on the floor between the fridge and the cabinet. How long had that been there? I saw it instantly -- but housekeeping never did during our stay. Made me wonder how much attention was given to anything, you know?

The place had upsides. The breakfast buffet was fine, just what you expect these days. The pool area was very nice -- and the pool itself kept quite warm, which was welcome in the cold weather. Unlike the Crossings, there was an elevator to get our baggage to the second floor (which, as the family pack-animal, I really appreciated).

But like the Crossings, this hotel is in need of love. The carpets and furniture are tired -- not embarrassingly soiled, just... tired. The kitchen faucet leaked madly when turned on. The bathroom was circa 1985. One of the TV remotes was missing. I had to swap a couple of lightbulbs because the bedside light was burned out (I didn't complain, it was too late at night). The staff was indifferent during what little interaction we had. We did get a very nice thank you note for the tip we left the housekeeper... though the juice pouch remained untouched...

I try to be forgiving, but overall I was disappointed. I suspect the Stillwater market doesn't justify big investments in hotels, either new or refurbished. The Crossings used to be part of a larger chain, and this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn (a sign in the pool still refers to 'guests of the Holiday Inn'). Maybe this is the best you can do here. I sure wish it was better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stay in one of the suites for four days over the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel is nice, and reasonably priced. The breakfast was very nice, with lots of options. The pool was fun, although a bit busy.

We would defintely stay hear again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ahunter79
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wanted a clean hotel for girls weekend close to Stillwater.. We got just that. Asked for a taxi service from the front desk staff and was giving two options. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Quick ride to downtown Stillwater, followed by a hot breakfast in the morning before departure, simple and stress-free. I am booking this hotel again for another weekend in a few weeks..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends