Comfort Inn & Suites
$70
$84
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater(Stillwater)(Great Value!)
$109
$209
$169
Rivertown Inn(Stillwater)
$225
Royal Inn - Hudson(Hudson)(Great Value!)
$66
$90
Quality Inn(Hudson)
$79
All reviewswould stay here againwaffle ironroom was cleanfront desk stafffine placegreat place to staypool and hot tubnice poolanytime fitnessvisit stillwaterbreakfast areaconvenient locationpull out couchchecking infresh fruitmnmaintenance
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Lexington Inn is clean, pleasant, and comfortable -- a delightful "close getaway". We stayed on a Thursday night which was to our advantage because the occupancy was down and the pool was empty. The pool was perfect for children and the whirlpool was soothing and generous in size. Our room was clean and very comfortable, and the breakfast was outstanding. Very convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank M E M
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The manager Antonio Rossini, ably supported by his excellent staff starting with Cody Eylandt, Jeremy–and the list goes on–have turned an older facility into a pleasant and comfortable Inn that is a delight to stay at. It is amazing what they have done to make this inn stand out among similarly constructed standard facilities.

The prices are competitive, the rooms are very adequate and comfortable. Everything works and faults are being promptly attended to.

The staff makes guests feel welcome and appreciated.

The motorist will find it very easy to find the inn right off I-36 on Washington Ave at the edge of town. Ladies can walk right across Washington Ave to the department store Herbergers. Across I-36 strip malls offer the usual plethora of stores like Walmart, T.J. Maxx, Kohls, Peer One, Michaels, Lowe’s, etc. along with the major eateries like Ruby Tuesday, Perkins, Applebees, etc.

Wedding guests have a five minute hop to the famous old city hall in the old downtown. Situated along the river the town straddles the St Croix river bluffs. Main Street along the river is where women delight in shopping in a bewildering array of stores from antiques to modern furniture, followed by stops in the many eateries ranging from fancy to fast food. The town’s houses are maintained in their vintage appearance giving it a feel of yesteryear. Every turn opens up another vista of the beautiful St. Croix river valley.

In the town center, a park along the river lets you enjoy the view of the water, the opposite banks of Wisconsin, the old, still functioning draw bridge and, in summertime, the pleasure boats. Marinas offer boat rentals, with pontoon boats being the favorite. Paddle wheel steamers offer rides and food up and down the pristine waters of the St Croix river, which is in the Washington Conservation District. Outside of town county ordinances prevent overbuilding, thus maintaining the original rustic feel of the area, even close to town.

Yet, despite this small town atmosphere, metropolitan Twin Cities is only 15 minutes away via I-36 of I-94.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I review all reviews with the staff, these reviews are the best way for the staff to learn and grow. Here at the Lexington our guest come first, and I know the staff works hard to make that happen.
Thank you again for your review and for the opportunity for us to make you feel at home...

Safe travels,

Antonio Rossini

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just got back from staying the weekend at Lexington Inn and Suites. It's a very nice hotel and the people are very nice and accommodating. We booked one night and wanted a second night. We initially were going to have to switch rooms. They said it shouldn't be a problem to get the second room cleaned right away so we could just move from one room the next. Then they said they arranged it so we could stay in the same room. The continential breakfast was wonderful! Lots of choices and option, both hot and cold food. The pool is pretty basic and kind of small, but it worked out just fine with our 2 year old. We stayed in a junior suite and it had lots of room. The room was very clean when we entered. However, I gave it 4 stars because it definitely smelled like smoke when you walked in. It was a non-smoking room, so I'm not sure if it used to be a smoking room before they changed or what. But that was definitely a drawback. Other than that, very nice hotel. We would stay there again, but just request a different room because of the smell.

Room Tip: If smoke smell bothers you, make sure you ask for a room that was never a smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lexington Inn is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Stillwater. Updated, clean, serving a hot continental breakfast, with a decent variety of food. The room was also updated, clean, with comfortable beds.
I had reserved a king, and had called to reserve a rollaway a couple of weeks prior to arrival. Upon checking in, they had no rollaways available, but did upgrade me to a suite with a pullout sofa.
Overall I'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Would have liked to know how nice the hotel was. I booked room 3 weeks prior on a "choose your price" online site and was GUARANTEED a room at that rate. When I went to check in I was rudely told that they overbooked my room and had nothing available for me. I asked why they didn't contact me earlier and was told that they didn't need to, but hey we booked you at another hotel 10 miles away. I told them I was in town for a wedding and needed to be close by and I was treated very unkindly and they couldn't understand why I would be upset since they did me "the favor" of booking me in another room. I asked for a refund and they said they couldn't do that since the rate was non-refundable. I showed him my paperwork Guaranteeing the room and was told tooi bad. I ended up having to stay on the floor of a friend's room instead!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple