“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
VAN HORNE
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at this property on October 8, 2011, it was the only hotel in the area with a room left so we booked online sight unseen. We were pleasantly surprised with the king room we reserved, very large and super clean, I had to double check that they had not put us in a suite by mistake. But they hadn't, the room was a standard king. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous, the lobby very comfortable and inviting. Breakfast was good and the coffee was outstanding. We travel through MN a great deal and we will definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

This place isn't bad in terms of a convenient location (stores and restaurants nearby) and being reasonably priced, but the service leaves a lot to be desired.
We've stayed here twice in the past few months due to its proximity to my mother-in-law's nursing home, and both times we've had a problem getting anyone to answer the front desk phone each and every time we tried calling.
During this trip, we returned to our room one evening to find our room serviced but the bed unmade and a note from housekeeping stating they couldn't change our sheets because there were personal items on the bed. When I brought the note to the front desk and told the girl there that only a kindle and a book were on the bed, she said it was because of the kindle -- they had issues in the past of being accused of stealing, so she "could understand" why housekeeping wouldn't have touched the kindle because it's "expensive" and "electronic.". Ridiculous explanation, rude attitude, and no apologies or attempts to make the customer happy.
I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have no problem with very shoddy and half hearted cleaning and customer service.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Somafree77
BriGuyatLex, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Guest, as the new General Manager here at the Lexington Inn & Suites, I am saddened to hear about your bad experience with us. Should you ever be willing to give us a second chance, please contact me directly, we would love another chance to prove your original review an aberration.

Travelers are raving about these Stillwater hotels

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at the lexington inn and Suites. The front desk person named Tim was very helpful and patient. Breakfast was great ,hot, and plentiful. Jan the Genral Manager was so nice and the rooms were so clean... I would stay here again no problem A+++

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Greatfulguest
Thanks! Please note that our staff is even better now! Come and check us out again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights and ran into MANY issues. We had the wrong bed configuration, the desk staff could not answer any of our questions, and our credit card was billed incorrectly. Then, when I got home at 5 pm on a Sunday evening, I realized that I left something in the room. I called at least 25 times between 5 and 9:30 and no one ever answered the phone, with no answering service kicking in.

I called and spoke with the manager the next day (after she did not call me back when I finally left a message with an employee the next morning), and she was incredibly rude. She defended her incompetent staff, said that it was typical for someone to be busy for that length of time and not able to man the desk, and basically hung up on me.

I then called the corporate "customer service" line, but they only take reservations and literally do not have any recourse for a customer to speak to anyone about their service.

I will NEVER stay in another hotel of theirs, and I strongly advise you not to either. That is, unless you want to be treated like crap.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Guest: Please note that I am the new General Manager here and I would I would like to invite you back to check us out again. I can promise you that there is not only a new manager here, but also a new, customer focused, attitude. I hope to see you here soon!
chicago, illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The Holiday Inn in Stillwater is an okay hotel but definitely overpriced. The rooms were tiny, beds semi comfortable, toilet and shower also small. The meeting room that we used wasn’t that big either location is dec. the breakfast sucked! Most holiday inn are different then your regular continental breakfast but not this place. Pool was ok, hot tub was average. No fitness center on site. Overall the holiday inn was a disappointing experience and will not stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank fluff10
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Great value, very clean and comfortable, courteous and helpful housekeeping, very handy to shopping and restaurants, easy to find.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa01_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater
#3 of 9 in Hudson
4.0 of 5 stars 78 reviews
Comfort Suites Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!