“Great food, mediocre service”
Review of The Green Room

The Green Room
Ranked #19 of 100 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were married in Stillwater a couple weeks ago and we needed a nice restaurant for a family dinner the evening before the big day. We chose The Green Room because of it's great location and nice menu. The location is terrific and the rooftop area seemed very nice on pleasant evenings; however, we were inside in a somewhat awkward space between staircases. The restaurant definitely had a fun vibe, which we liked. When I made the reservation I specifically had them note that it was to be separate checks because this wasn't a formal grooms dinner. They said that wasn't a problem at all. We had 16 people and we were put at two tables. The drinks were tasty and dinner was very good. A few of the meals we enjoyed were the Manchengo Almond Walleye, Risotto Crusted Salmon (a strong favorite), 8 oz. Beef Tenderloin and the Chana Masala. All were tasty. Our server wasn't overly friendly, but did her job well. However, as people were finishing up I noted again that this was to be separate checks. She was very irritated and said she didn't know that was the case - as if I'd change my mind in that moment. I told her I informed the staff when I made the reservation and it was noted. She angrily walked away, but did bring separate checks to everyone. If she had expressed that there had been an error on my part I would have gladly apologized, but instead she was just rude. It was very embarrassing in front of my family and friends. I would give 4 stars for good food,which I did, but 2 stars for unprofessional service.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went here for lunch while in Stillwater and the meal was good. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was wonderful. I didn't care much for their fries, but my husband enjoyed them so that was more of a personal choice. My husband had the chicken curry and loved it. I had a caesar salad, which was good, but was a bit fishy for me. I like the anchovy taste a little more hidden in mine. Drinks were good. I thought the value was a bit expensive though.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is wonderful. Very urban atmosphere with a rustic loft feel. Heavy open beams , balcony, outside patio overlooking gorgeous St Croix river and lift bridge. But not to forget the food. Wonderful fresh local vegetables and mashed potatoes served with most entrees. Salads are great. For $5 you cannot beet the small blue cheese salad. The sirloin steak dishes come with the steak cooked perfectly and a variety of sauces which are all great. The baked Penni Pasta dish is to die for if you love cheese. The walleye is the best in town. In the evening they have live entertainment.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I were hoping for dinner on the baclony, and had heard the food was fabulous. I guess we should have asked about the variety of the menu. We had a hard time deciding what to eat, we ended up with Steak and scallops. The steak was not cooked the way my husband likes (granted, he is pretty fussy) and the scallops I had were good, but I wouldn't rave about them. The plus side, my drink was very yummy. I had the Candy bar:)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are one of the lucky locals that get the opportunity to visit the Green Room on a regular basis. The food, service and atmosphere is always wonderful. We can't wait for the warmer weather so we can sit on the roof top, order a great glass of wine and pretend we are on vacation.