“Great inventive food.”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a follow up to my earlier review. I decided again to try the green room and see if it was good the second time as the first.

Let me day it wasn't as good it was even better! The service was flawless and the food perfect.

I tried the hummus appetizer and gnocci small plate. i can't honestly say enough about either. The gnocci came in a base that spoke calories and tasted like it. I only wish my homemade gnocci rated this good.

In short go try the place out. Well worth the price. They do take reservations and from what I can see if you go on friday or saturday you might want to make them.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We went for lunch and had an excellent meal. The food and service were the best we experienced in Stillwater.

1  Thank sailsquirrel
Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you are in Stillwater for dinner, you have got to try the Green Room. Great atmosphere (fairly casual) with phenomenal food. My wife and I are pretty picky when it comes to food, but everything we had, from the appetizer to the main course to the drinks were top of the line. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Plus you are walking distance to everything you would want to see in Stillwater. Try it!

1  Thank jbhooley
Reviewed June 2, 2011

During the recent art fair in town I had the opportunity to try out the Green Room. I had been told by someone else to give this place a try so I made a reservation and am I glad I did. They were busy. Talking with the server they told me they had opened in Feb and had been busy since day one especially on weekends. So first piece of advice is you might want to make a reservation. There is a limited amount of seating with a main floor and then a loft type area. The kitchen is in the open which accounts for some loss of space.

My dinner companions and I started with a drink from the bar. I ordered a mint julep. I was a bit disappointed in that the mint wasn't fresh and the drink lacked the sweetness its know for. However that was my only disappointment. The rest of the evening and food made up for that one small problem.

One of my dinner companions ordered the Tuscan fish special of the evening. I am always leery of ordering seafood in the middle of the country but this was actually very well done. The balance of seasonings against the mahi mahi fish worked very well. The risotto cake side was good enough to rival some of the risotto I have eaten in Italy.

I stuck with some of the appetizers including a pate de foie gras (duck liver) and bruchette caprese on toast points. Both were well executed and well presented. I would definitely go back for these. The best part is all of the ingredients were locally sourced from farms in the area.

I also had a smoked provolone cheese soup. This was done well but I would have preferred a little heavier smoked flavor to the overall dish. The cheese was sourced locally we were told but the server didn't know where.

We also ordered dessert to finish off the meal along with coffee. The coffee is roasted in a one man operation just north of the town about 10 miles we were told. I thought it was very good. Bold without the Starbucks acid taste.

We had a cappuccino creme brulee' which was served in a coffee cup. This was very and I mean very well done. We also had a lavender and honey cheesecake. This was good and you could taste the subtle taste of the lavender. Most of the time foods with lavender tend to overwhelm the lavender so to be able to taste it was a delight.

Overall given the variety on the menu and being told they change it frequently I would go back. The quality is certainly there and the atmosphere. It is a bit pricy compared to other options in the area but well within the affordable range.

2  Thank stillkc