“There are better things to do in Stillwater...”
Review of Gondola Romantica

Gondola Romantica
More attraction details
Owner description: A cruise in an authentic Venetian gondola is among the most romantic and relaxing experience imaginable. We've captured the romance of Venice , blending it with the natural beauty of Stillwater's St. Croix River. No matter what the occasion, a traditional gondola ride offers a unique experience. You are invited to celebrate anniversaries, marriage proposals, weddings, birth days or a simple date night. Gift certificates available.
Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“There are better things to do in Stillwater...”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

It was okay, and the gondolier was very nice and funny. But the trip takes you up over to the Stillwater lift bridge and back- the lift bridge traffic is NOISY- we were there during the week, and it was still very loud. It is not a tranquil ride. We also purchased a dining package- the whole thing cost about $180, and they limited our menu! There wasn't even a steak option for dinner, we couldn't choose our appetizer. It was not really okay for the money. We would go elsewhere in Stillwater- the paddle boat ride was quieter, and the buffet lunch was good and that was only $18 per person.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank astrocomfy

Willmar, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“No walk up rides”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

According to their website "Walk-up rides are available as our schedule allows." Well, there was no one around to provide rides yesterday when I wanted to ride in the gondola. Maybe they should say that reservations need to be made in advance. Instead I went on the trolly ride around the city which was nice.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank pepsicola83
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect romantic date !!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Perfect romantic date!!! I took my wife of 5 years there the day after I asked her to marry me. It was a truly memorable experience and I can't wait to take her here again. I highly recommend this attraction and will refer Gondola Romantica in the future.

1 Thank TurboRomeo