“Great Tour!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wasn't really excited about going on the Trolley tour has I had been on a quite expensive one in Galena Illinois and the driver/tour guide really didn't add much to our tour so good thing the sites were good. But the other in our group thought it would be great. Our tour driver Rick was excellent!! He was friendly, funny, and informative and told the story of Stillwater very well. I would highly recommend checking out the the Trolley tours as there are a number of things that only a local would know about.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank erica y
Rick C, General Manager at Stillwater Trolley Company, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words Erica! As you noticed, I enjoy what I do and strive to make our tours the best in the industry. Please come visit us again, each tour guide tells a different story. - Rick

Chicago, Illinois
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rick was our guide on this trolley ride through Stillwater. This tour is full of historic information presented in an entertaining way. The ride takes you through town to see places that one would be hard pressed to find on their own. Each house we were shown had its own interesting story. We could envision life in Stillwater in the 1870's when the loggers were there thanks to Rick's explanations. This is a "Must Do" in Stillwater.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for the kind words! I always tell people I have the best job in the world. My office is 50 yards from the St. Croix, I were short pants to work and I am paid to flirt with pretty women! Life doesn't get much better than this. -Rick
East Midlands
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“The easy way up and down the hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This tour is a great way to find out about the development of Stillwater. I knew nothing about it when I visited, so learned a lot from the informative and humorous commentary from the driver. The houses are beautiful and I would love to return one day to stay in one as many are now B+b's. The views over the Saint Croix River are spectacular; the tour is worth it for this alone. This tour gives you pointers for the rest of your time in Stillwater. the only problem was that there wasn't enough time to take photos at some points.

Visited August 2013
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Overall a nice history of stillwater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This business does a nice job of entertaining people on the tour. The owner really wants his business to do well and is great with customers. They are very accommodating and for what you pay it is one of the less expensive things to do for an hour in Stillwater.

Visited August 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“A nice overview of the city and history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have taken this trolley ride twice in the last few years. Once was with friends, the second time with my husband. It is a relaxing and informative way to see some of the old, historical areas and homes in Stillwater. The trolley drivers have given nice information about the area both times. It's just a short tour, but you go uphill and down in this river city, and learn a little while you are there.

Visited July 2013