“Laid back and great food”
Review of Patriots Tavern

Patriots Tavern
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Stillwater
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant just opened March 28. Featuring English pub food.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food was great! I had a chicken flat bread wrap and it was a very large portion size! The sides are ale cart and have a variety of dipping sauces you can order for and extra cost. The burger my husband had was a good size but again you must pay extra for sides.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a gem of a place that a lot of people are unaware of. It is quaint and the food and service is great. A wonderful, casual environment off the beaten path.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Patriots has the best burgers and fries in Stillwater. Thankfully its not downtown or it would be overpriced and have service with a attitude. Great beer selection and a funny, informed, sassy barkeep. Burger would have been a 5 star if it had not been undercooked. It was still great, just a little messy. Get there early, expect a little wait. The time you spend waiting is still less than trying to find a parking spot in overpriced downtown Stillwater.

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Chefs prepare everything fresh. Wait staff is friendly, genuine and accommodating. I recommend the burgers and the fish tacos.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our first experience at Patriots. We started with an appetizer of their famous fries. In addition, we ordered 3 of their special sauces to dip the fries in. The peanut satay was ok but my husband and I both said that it could be excellent if it was thicker in consistency and had more peanut flavor. I think the watery consistency really drowns out the taste and made it difficult to keep the satay sauce on the fry. We also ordered the thai chili aioli and truffle mayo. Our favorite sauce was definitely the truffle mayo.

He ordered the fish tacos and like most reviewers here, he loved them. I ordered the fungi burger with cave-aged blue cheese, carmelized onions, wild shrooms, greens and balsamic mayo. I was really looking forward to the first bite. Unfortunately, it was just too pungent a flavor for me. I'm used to blue cheese but apparently not this type of blue cheese. However, my husband finished the rest of the burger and loved the flavors...

We can see how this place would fill up fast. It is a smaller room so make sure you arrive early!