“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Review of Patriots Tavern

Patriots Tavern
Ranked #27 of 93 Restaurants in Stillwater
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant just opened March 28. Featuring English pub food.
Chelsea, Michigan
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went on a Friday evening arriving by 5:45pm and it was already packed. This smallish New England - style pub sports a single room for seating with a small bar. We were told it would be a 25 minute wait but seats opened up at the bar in just a few minutes and we grabbed them. The waitstaff and bartenders were very busy but we were waited on fairly quickly and with a smile. I had Dingle Fish Pie, my husband had the beer battered Cod. The food was 4 star (NOTE: it takes something very special to give a restaurant 5 stars) in spite of the crowd. The draft beer selection was small but had a couple unique brands not usually found in the midwest. If you are looking for friendly, neighborhood feel and want to rub elbows go on a Friday or Saturday, otherwise I would suggest trying a non-peak Monday or Tuesday.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hudsonrev

Hugo
“Really good!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a newer spot in Stillwater, and a nice break from the chain restaurants we seem to have here. We went on a Monday around 6:30 and there were a few others there, but many tables were open. Our daughter and her husband were with us and stated that this was the first time they hadn't had to wait in line for a table.

On a previous visit, I had ordered the reuben which I didn't like at all...huge chunks of corned beef with not enough kraut and swiss...disappointing. That visit, everyone else loved their sandwiches, so I really also wanted to love mine...just didn't happen.

My husband started with a bowl of clam chowder..I tried a bit, but frankly didn't like it as the flavor was very much overwhelmed by bacon. I had noticed that quite a few of the menu items contained bacon, so if you don't like it, be sure to ask for it to not be included.

This time, I ordered the Lettuce Chicken Wraps...and I absolutely loved them. Huge fresh leafy lettuce with sliced chicken, and lots of very fresh veggies to building into a very tasty wrap, along with asian noodles and a couple of tasty sauces...well I can tell you I cleaned my plate. What a relief that I too could love my meal this time!!! Everything was great - fresh veggies, chicken was tender and moist, sauces not too overwhelming, just yummy!

The others at the table also were very happy with their meal, but I'm afraid I can't remember what they ordered.

All in all, I'd say it was a great meal - other than too much bacon in many of the dishes. The servers were friendly and attentive, and our food arrived fairly quickly. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
“Good food & service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the 1st time and used a Living Social voucher. Went on a Tuesday night and it was moderately busy, but we were seated right away. Our sandwiches (burger and walleye sandwich) were excellent. Not a large dining area which contributed to a feeling of coziness.

• Visited January 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Stillwater”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Patriot's is a fun, hometown feeling pub. The food is excellent & the beer is cold! Oh ya, the bloodymary's made with tanguery gin are AWESOME! We go there all of the time, good Happy Hour!

• Visited November 2012
MN
“'Don't Miss the Fabulous Fries”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Patriot's fries are the best around. They are large chunks of of great potatoes generously served up in a large glass. What a cleaver way to keep them hot! The burgers are great. The tavern prides itself in serving the freshest of ingredients and it pays off for happy customers.

Visited November 2012