“Skip this Place”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chestnut
Description: "Charlie's Restaurant & Irish Pub" at The Historic Water Street Inn is an ideal location for outdoor dining in the Scenic St. Croix Valley. Located at the foot of the historic lift bridge "Charlie's" serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with menu options as varied as its surroundings. If you're looking to enjoy the sun with some cocktails & appetizers you can try our patio bar, or for more of a formal menu offering pastas, steak and fish try our covered patio.
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Had lunch here---service was slow and then the order came wrong. The other members of our party were almost done as I sat waiting for the sandwich to be made correctly. Asking if you want a refill on your water is just not good service---they should be there with pitcher in hand when the waitress sees the glass is almost empty. The food was nothing to write home about-----next time in Stillwater, we will eat at another place.

1  Thank MichiganderMom

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We didn't go to the top rated "Reve 324" and just stopped for a drink at Charlie's and decided to stay for dinner. The drink menu was good for some post-antiquing, warm summer day relaxing with light, fruity concoctions. For dinner we selected chicken and portabello pasta and almond-encrusted walleye. Both came with salads -- the caesar was tasty, the house salad greens were bitter. Both entrees were just... blah -- as though no spices were used. It was a disappointing meal after the drinks started out hopefully.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

The food was great. I had the Seafood Trio and the scallops were amazing. My husband had Smoked chicken portobello linguini and his meal was wonderful as well.
The Irish Duo at the bar had us singing the night away. They were a riot.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

Our dinner at Charlie's in the Waterstreet Inn was wonderful. The Caesar salad was just garlickly enough. My husband's barbecued shrimp and my New York strip steak were both served exactly right. The staff is friendly, attentive without beibg overbearing and very knowledgeable of both the food and the wine. We've been there before and we'll go back again!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Eating at Charlie's Restaurant and Pub , located in the Water Street Inn,
was a fabulous dining experience. I would rate it high on Ambience,
and was most impressed by the hospitality of the wait staff and the Hotel Front Desk
Manager who greeted us.
The decor was set of fine antique and reminded me of some restaurants I had dined in
when travelling in Europe for vacation.
The food was excellent. I had the Walleyed Pike Sandwich which was cooked to perfection . The price of the meals are mid range . We had two waitstaff who were not only hospitable but very professional . The meals were served in less than 20 minutes upon ordering.
I loved the fact that the restaurant is within a short distance of the Mississippi River and the most scenic area of Stillwater , Minnesota.
I would recommend this restaurant to business colleagues or friends who frequent the area.