“Did the job”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Koloa, Hawaii
“Did the job”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We visited this hotel for a family wedding. Overall, it was pretty nice. We had one of the rooms with an "extra" area (separate bedroom and "living area")- which made it easier for our baby to take naps and not be disturbed. A couple of our family members thought the rooms still smelled "smokey", despite it having just been converted from smoking to non-smoking. We never tried the breakfast.
Of note, there is no elevator. So if you are on the second floor, you have to drag your bags up yourself!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that never was a smoking room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Front desk area looked nice but beyond that was just filth! Pool was decent size but garbage everywhere and no clean towels just dirty ones laying around. Hallways had visible dirt along edge. Room was awful, carpets were so dirty that my crawling child had dirty knees within minutes, bathroom had film in tub, after putting children to sleep we went to lay down and the fitted sheet was a full size not a queen size so sheet kept coming off the bed and we couldn't turn lights on to change it as kids were sleeping, also the 2 pillows on bed were almost paper thin and when asked for another they had no extras available...worst night sleep ever! Then at breakfast, only one highchair, which was broken, then the eggs were like rubber but at least they had grainy coffee! Worst experience ever!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank amaelea4
, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide the best service and accommodations to each of our guests. We are sorry to hear that your stay was unnacceptable. We hope that you will consider us again so that we can prove to you that our hotel has high standards for your stay.
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked through Hotels.com and they put a hold for a charge greater than we paid. I called and they said it would be removed and low and behold they charged the card this time.

The lobby was in decent shape, the rooms were ok, and the price was great. Breakfast was also provided and it was standard fare. For the price, nothing to complain about except for the charge.

Extremely poor service in my opinion and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank K T
, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, but regret that the incorrect credit card was charged. I have researched this issue with the internet company you made your reservation through and also with my front desk staff to ensure the billing was corrected. As you and I have discussed, I have made the proper credit to your credit card. Feel free to contact me at the hotel with any questions. Thank you again for staying at the Crossings.
Saint Michael, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We're here now. It is barely average. The room smells like it's had water damage, the exhaust fan in the bathroom doesn't work and the pipes are SCREAMING while my husband is in the shower. Definitely not worth the money we're paying. I'll be speaking to the hotel clerk about adjusting the bill. On the plus side, the sheets are soft and there are plenty of towels. Still ...

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor you will hear people walking/running on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comment. We are nearing the end of painting all of the guest rooms at our hotel. This room is being repainted this week and I will make sure that the bathroom fan is in working order. Thank you.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed here for one night after some fun in downtown Stillwater. We loaded up a cart after checking in and since we were on the second floor we started looking for (and talking about outload) an elevator. It's not that big of a deal to walk to one end of the hotel and then back when we found this hotel didn't have an elevator but it was clear we were looking for one, especially after geting a cart, and the front desk staff didn't say anything. We also called for extra pillows - which I was told that they don't have extra pillows. Strange that they are in the business of sleeping but don't have extra pillows. Even if they were out, it didn't look like all the rooms were filled- couldn't they pull one out of those rooms?

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response. I will make sure that we alI let our guests know that we do not have an elevator. We do give out many extra pillows as we are usually sold out on the weekends. But I have ordered more so that we do not run out of extra pillows. Thank you again!
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Every time I want great value, excellent service and perfect location, THE CROSSINGS is the place!

• Stayed January 2012
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Being an experienced hotel "frequent-flyer", I am pretty picky...am VERY impressed with The Crossings at Stillwater, MN. Due to an extended temporary living situation, I had my choice where to stay and 'live'...I'm very happy I chose The Crossings. The pool and hottub is always clean and fresh every day, fully-stocked. There is a hot breakfast with a large variety of beverages, fruits, muffins, cereals, condiments, and a warm breakfast room every morning. The lobby is decorated seasonally with a fireplace, too! There's enough vending machines and ice for everyone...plenty of parking and if I need something faxed or shipped, the hotel does it for me without question. The carpets, rooms, and hotel is deep-cleaned regularly and If I ask for anything extra for my room, from housekeeping, I get it without feeling "put off". My son, age 5, has been treated so well by everyone (as an individual - not as a guest-pest) and overall I would highly recommend this hotel to EVERYONE...because even if you don't have or tolerate children, the staff and hotel has policies and room enough to keep adults and families separate. It really is a nice place in a very nice, convenient and beautiful part of the city. I want to recognize Brynn, the Front Desk attendant..she is amazingly inter-personal, professional, accomodating, and so very smart and a wonderful person! The housekeeper, Kelly, is fantastic (I swear I'm going to steal her away and hire her as my personal maid!) Also - Nathan, the Regional Manager, who is just a very friendly, but hard-working, professional fully committed to this Inn. He treas me with total respec when we encounter one another. All in all, everyone has been just fantastic to my son and I. Thanks, to you all..It's All Good! I am grateful.
SabrinaS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Sabrina S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
BEST WESTERN PLUS White Bear Country Inn
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!