“Good stay in Stillwater”
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed one night at the Lowell Inn for a couples night out on the town. We stayed in the updated/modern part of the hotel. Room was clean, bathroom was nice and updated and the hotel was within walking distance of all shopping and eating downtown. Will definitely consider them if we go there in the future. We also ate breakfast before checking out in the downstairs restaurant. Good food, reasonably priced.

Room Tip: The modern rooms were nice. Had a chance to peek inside one of the historic/classic rooms and they...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I wanted a few nights away from the cities and the Lowell Inn in Stillwater was the perfect destination. We stayed in the Penthouse Suite which was spacious and updated. However there is no elevator in the hotel so be prepared to climb some stairs. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed beautiful weather so were able to be served breakfast along the charming front patio next to a gurgling fountain. Shops and restaurants were within an easy walking distance and we highly recommend Domacin Wine Bar which is just across the street. A very nice way to relax and unwind!

Room Tip: Each room is decorated differently and has different amenities such as whirlpool tubs. Photos and de...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I wanted to spend a romantic night in Historic Stillwater. Unfortunately, it was last minute and the only place with a room was the Lowell Inn in Stillwater. We wanted to stay within walking distance of the local bars and eateries which is the only good thing. So here is what happened. The toilet would not stop running, so I lifted the lid to see if something was blocking something. The toilet sprayed me in the face and proceeded to flood the bathroom. Maintenance fixed it in a flash. (Kevin was really good.) About five minutes later I went to brush my teeth. The 100 year old light fixtures middle bulb was flickering. All of a sudden the fixture "pops", sparks fly everywhere, and the circuit trips. So, I go to use teh phone that worked when I called for the flood, and now it doesn't work. Well the front desk can hear me, but I can't hear them. So I have to go down the three flights of stairs. Of course the lady is blaming me for all three incidents. I asked for a different room, but they were all booked. I asked for a discount, she said the owner will look at it in the morning. I am like fine, whatever, the mood has been killed anyway. So the next morning, I go to checkout and see if they gave me maybe $25 or $50 off. Nope. The lady behind the desk accuses me of taking the toilet apart and causing a flood, breaking the light fixture, and wrecking the phone. Think soup nazi from seinfeld. "no soup for you." Anyway, I tell the lady she is nuts and just leave. I tell my wife this, and she is just puzzled. By the way, Kevin the maintenance guy showed me how loose the light fixtures were when he was fixing it by pounding on the wall. All the lights flickered. For all I know a door shut and caused the things to blow. If you value your safety, ability to make 911 calls, and value your relaxation time, stay way from this place...it plain sucks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mas695
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently had our family reunion at the Lowell Inn - Never again! Our group had 12 rooms for 2 nights. The rooms were not terrible, but the beds were not what one would expect from an inn charging between 150 - 200 a night. The mattresses were old, and the bedding ill fitting. Had to reajust the mattress pad and fitted sheet several times each night.

The worst thing about the Lowell was the poor customer service. When we got there Friday evening we waited for 15+ min for someone to come to the front desk to check us in. When we got to our room we found the murphy bed had no linens. Had to go back down and wait for someone to come to the front desk again to get that taken care of.

The second eveing our group of about 20 were relaxing on the front patio. Since there was no food or beverage service at that location someone got a cooler of refreshments for the group's enjoyment. In no time there was a manager there informing us that no outside food or beverages were allowed as per the health department. She did this in a very professional but firm manner. (there were no signs stating this or any policy listed stating this either as they had for their no smoking policy) After several questions the cooler was getting packed to be removed when a second manager came out screaming that the cooler had to be removed immediately. He was pitching a fit that rivaled that of a two year old. (Where were these managers when we wanted to check in?) In all my 50+ years this was the most unprofessional thing I had ever seen

We also had breakfast the first morning. The food was good, some of wait staff had customer service issues. Sunday morning breakfast was served too late for us.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wende P
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were looking forward to this place as the legendary elegant hotel, but it's decor is incredibly tacky -- not just old. It might be fun, but the accommodations were no better than a Holiday Inn -- no in-room coffee or fridge, no continental breakfast, completely indifferent staff and desk people.
We were spoiled by the gorgeous pampering we had the night before at the St.Croix Inn a few miles away in Osceola -- what a great place. Very disappointed at the Lowell.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dana D
Reviewed June 3, 2012

On our way to the hotel we heard from friends who stayed there years before that their most prominent memory was the old, worn out bed. We checked in and had a room in the "new section" of the hotel. It looked great but as soon as one sat on the bed it was evident there was a problem. Soft mattress, no box spring -- definitely worn out. Could not get comfortable because the soft lumpy thing sloped to the sides. At check out the manager said the bed was new, said she would have someone check it, and hurried us away. No discount was offered. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Do not choose 301.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The staff at the Lowell Inn are extremely rude and unwilling to work with you. DO NOT MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS ONLINE. I tried to cancel my reservations 3 months in advance and they charged me a $30 "reservation fee".

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yvonne b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!