“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
St paul,mn
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We looked all over the Twin Cities area for a Sunday Brunch suitable for a party of 12 for a special occasion. Most places were $21 to $36 per person. The Lowell was 13.95 per person, although beverages are extra. It was a huge buffet and the dining rooms have lovely old world charm. The wait staff was fantastic. The french toast was dry, but that was the only thing lacking. Raspberry cheese blintzes were a fave, and the desserts were great. Personally, I like a brunch that serves pickled herring and a strada with hollandaise. Well done, Lowell.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kat&Cue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
littlechickenbutt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Lowell Inn is a unique place to stay...very antique decor. Our room was small but unlike anything we have ever stayed in before. We joked that we were onboard the Titanic. :) The location is ideal, walking distance to anything you would need downtown. Food, shops, river etc....all an easy walk. I would def. stay here again just for the location. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank littlechickenbutt
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife and I honeymooned here over 30 years ago. We called this week on a whim for a same day reservation. The person answering the phone was very nice. She gave us a small discount and picked out a great room for us. While the room was very nice, it was a little odd. The toilet was sort of in the open and you need to close some curtains around it, in order to have privacy. The bed was nice, but the lamps on either side were too dim to read by. The room didn't have a microwave or a refrigerator. The two person tub was great. The lobby to the hotel is very interesting. It has some beautiful things and some things that seemed very gaudy to me.

We had an excellent breakfast there. All of the staff were incredibly friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank reformguy
New Prague, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Went there just to get away for a weekend. It is located a block off of the beaten path and in walking distance of everything. Everything about it is old but that is kind of the point when you stay at a place like this. This is not a holiday inn express, it is a historical inn. Rooms were very cozy, place was very clean, staff was more than friendly and accommodating. Authentically decorated old time rooms give you something fun to look at during your stay. The hallways made me feel like I was in the halls of the titanic. It was just a very neat and fun place to stay. Had breakfast there one morning and it was fabulous. Overall it did the job for us!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oconnb2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I was very dissatisfied and disappointed in the preparedness of the Lowell Inn staff in how they were "not ready" for guests to move into the cocktail/dinner area. Details were worked out well in advance on the time we were to serve cocktails so our guests didn't have to wait around doing nothing while photos were being taken. I felt I had to "babysit" and ask for too many things that should have been already done. Instead of spending time with my daughter before the ceremony , I was down
"directing and rushing" to get the room prepared". We were told we would have help setting up the wedding favors, candles for the tables, and music. I has to help get it all done minutes before the ceremony. It seemed like they had not looked at their copy of the printed details that were preplanned months in advance. I do have to say though, the food was great!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Frankels
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was in Stillwater for a business meeting. The place is filled with tired and dusty "Victorian" styles/finishing. The lobby smells and sometimes that smell is like a horse barn. There is never anyone attending the bar. Breakfast doesn't start until 8am, if at all. The staff is accommodating at best, definitely not pleasant or welcoming. I paid over $200 for a group rate? I can stay at a 4 star for that in the cities. There are 2 "wings". One looks to be new construction and is decorated/finished the complete opposite of ancient "wing". The common portion: a KEY! Yes, a true key to get in all rooms. Ok, I can get past that, but on to my room: I was given a double bed room, even though I requested one bed. Every metal color you can imagine is in the room: gold, chrome, nickel, and bronze. The is gloss black lacquer trimmed in feaux lizard/alligator trim. I had a flat screen TV. Yay, right? No. It only has local channels (think TV rabbit ears). No cable. The alternative seating is cheap brown vinyl. Not comfortable for working on the computer at the "desk". My room looked out on the roof of the first floor, an air conditioning unit, and the public parking garage. The beds are mattresses only, they are so soft, they are not comfortable. I didnt rate it terrible, as I felt my room was clean.
Now other things that bothered me. The hall to the new "wing" feels like something out of "The Shining". The entrance from the lobby to the stairs is so low, I have to duck (I'm 6'0"). The wallpaper is visibly peeling in some places. The carpet is loose in places. I would repeat some of the comments from my co-workers, but that is only hearsay. I will summarize by saying, we all travel extensively and are not happy here.
I suggest trying another, more modern location in Stillwater.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank yardhippie

Travelers are raving about these Stillwater hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at the Lowell Inn this past weekend for my Birthday. Upon check-in we were informed that the room we had reserved was no longer available. We needed a room with two beds and had reserved a deluxe room with a murphy bed. There were no rooms left so we ended up having to put two roll-away beds together to make a suitable bed for two adults. We were very misinformed about the rooms and hotel as a whole. Basically everything we were told was an exaggeration.I would never stay there again. Not worth the money!! Also the breakfast was not very good. You would be better off going to a Perkins!! Very disappointed!!

Room Tip: I guess double check that you are getting the room you reserved.