“Lackluster Customer Service.”
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed July 20, 2011

There is little I can comment on regarding the state of the hotel, as I never actually made it that far! I called the service desk to make a reservation for my wedding night and was met with a snappy woman who immediately put me on hold. Except, she didn't. She must have missed the hold button and I spent about five minutes holding the phone from my hear as I heard her talk with someone on another line. My call was then answered. Except, it wasn't. I was immediately put on hold again for several minutes. Finally, my call was actually answered and I was able to say an entire sentence before being put on hold. I casually mentioned that I did not know if I was speaking to the same woman anymore and was told in a nasty tone that "it happens" and that I would just have to "deal with it.:" There were a couple silent and awkward moments of silence while I tried to digest this, before I ended the call. I'm actually pretty darn disappointed as I had really looked forward to staying here! Hopefully this was just an isolated incident by an overworked employee, but reading other reviews has me unsure. The customer service at this hotel definitely influenced my decision to spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Klang011
There are newer reviews for Lowell Inn

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Lowell Inn after our wedding in Minneapolis for two nights. We loved the location, character and charm of the place. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which included a Jacuzzi tub in room. As mentioned in the title, the only negative was the musty smell, which you were able to get used to after a few minutes. If they would do something regarding the smell, I'd up to 4/5. We ate fondue in the restaurant the first night, which we both loved. We also had the breakfast, which was good, traditional breakfast. Parking was validated in the public parking ramp next door. They all have a new addition which would be worth checking out if you aren't looking to spend as much, as the rooms are cheaper, have a balcony and certainly don't have the smell of the older rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eazydp
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed over Easter me, my husband and our two girls 4 and 1. The staff took such good care of us and the girls loved the unique rooms. The bed was very comfortable, and although the hotel is older it, to me, is so much better than any other hotel option - and reasonably priced. The prices compete with the icky chain hotels on the highway. Breakfast was really wonderful and again, prices super reasonable for the quality and atmosphere. The location can't be beat . I like the dated charm, the beautiful lobby and the staff was very helpful. For a family with kids, we got to have a nice b&b kind of experience but we didn't feel like we had to shush the kids all the time (our kids are good travelers, though, too) Great experience. Stillwater was my hometown and when I come back to visit it feels like a homey place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lamer11
Reviewed June 8, 2010

For the price breakfast should have been included.When I searched for bed & breakfast inns this came up. The hotel lobby and hallways had a musty smell. The bathrooms were very old.The towels were old and thin. The beds were very saggy. The only positive was the location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank janetalthea
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We spent a night in this inn in fall. The building was beautifully restored and decorated. The rooms were smaller, but well-decorated. There were many things to look at in the hallways and lobby area. The restaurant was very good for both dinner dining and Sunday brunch buffet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Earthmuffin10
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Sad but true - this grand old hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. Our bedroom was large with a very nice (and comfortable) kingsize bed - but everything else in the room was in bad shape. Peeling wallpaper - missing lightbulbs in the wall sconces, shag carpet (yes, really) from who knows when, crystal ceiling light covered in dust, bathroom tiles and fixtures falling apart - I could go on. There was a small dingy office/lounge area on our floor with a coffee machine and computer. This area had clearly not been cleaned in a long time - wouldn't dare have risked drinking the coffee. What a shame to see a Stillwater "institution" go downhill so badly. Never again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bundubasha
Reviewed January 20, 2010

First time I stayed at the inn was in 1984. The whole experience was wonderful. The best place for young lovers to expereince life and to carry those memories with then a lifetime! I lost my friend a few years back but I will always carry that weekend in my heart.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!