Rivertown Inn
Lowell Inn(Stillwater)
Water Street Inn(Stillwater)
Quality Inn(Hudson)
View Hotel
All reviewsagatha christiesocial houroscar wilde suitebrowning suitelewis carrollbyron suitegrand suiteb bcarriage houseorient expressgourmet breakfastbed and breakfastdark woodwine barthe main houseromantic getawaycooking class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed in the Oscar Wilde suite and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bathroom was a suite in itself with the 2 person jacuzzi, the rain shower/sauna and it's own gas fireplace. As if that weren't enough, the breakfasts were amazing! We got to enjoy eating out on the porch during some of the first nice weather of the season. The fresh custom juices, the beautiful presentation of the food and the wonderful flavors made the breakfast reason enough to stay here! We also ordered a picnic lunch to enjoy after hiking in a nearby state park. The lemon caprese salad was most refreshing.

We will definitely be back to stay again and look forward to reserving another room "experience"!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Our kids gave us a nite here for our 40th anniversary and it was the perfect gift. We loved being welcomed to the lovely Jane Austen room by NPR's classical music. The three-course breakfast was fabulous with a delicious fruit/fiber muffin (including gluten-free for me), a maple-custard baked oatmeal and a healthy and tasty veggie/egg/sausage hash. It was best breakfast we've ever had at a B & B and we've stayed at several throughout the US and abroad. We also had a wonderful dinner at Domincin Wine Bar, just a few blocks away in historic Stillwater.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower, be sure to request a room with one as many, including the Jane Austen room, just have a whirlpool.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed in the Agatha Christie suite which was amazingly decorated with a huge whirlpool and separate bathroom with huge shower. The evening snacks and wine were delicious and breakfast was a gourmet feast. The staff is friendly. A lot of attention went into every aspect--the home, grounds, food. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: If you get a chance stay in the Agatha Christie suite. It's often booked and expensive but wonderful, like stepping back in time.
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Wilde suite during our stay for one night. The suite is gorgeous and even has a steam shower. Skylight above the large whirlpool tub. Two fireplaces. Interesting corner bed. Very cozy.
But the breakfast.....oh man....the breakfast I need to google some better words for 'amazing, delicious, beautiful' it was hands down the absolute best breakfast I've ever had. I've had breakfast in Italy and other amazing places but this place is #1 in my book. The menu changes daily. Strawberry ginger juice and fresh orange. I can't remember all of the courses but the bran muffin made with local organic ingredients I would have paid $10 for. Did I mention I don't like bran muffins? This was out of this universe. I will include pictures of the pear poached in blush wine and the strata on asparagus and another sauce I can't remember. Lick my plate amazing. The chef comes out and tells about each course. I understand he also teaches cooking classes as well. If he had a restaurant I would eat there every day.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Svoxland
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We did a last minute stay here and it was a great surprise. Walking distance from downtown Stillwater, the house is BEAUTIFUL, I mean amazing. You don't have to love architecture to appreciate the hard work that went into Rivertown Inn. The staff is great and the Chef was outstanding! My hubby has a food allergy that I noted before we checked in, they took care of him at breakfast without so much as a whisper. We'll stay here again in a heartbeat.

Do not skip breakfast, the best I've had at any B&B!

Room Tip: Heads up if you like your shower in the morning- take note of the room you book, not all have showers in them. Still 5 stars!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple