“Beautiful , romantic getaway”
Review of Rivertown Inn

Rivertown Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night to celebrate our 10th anniversary, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. The inn and our particular room were beautiful and the food and hospitality were excellent.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stillwater is always a great town for a weekend get away! The Rivertown Inn is a gem we just discovered. It was a terrific place to celebrate our 44th anniversary. The room, the evening wine and appetizers, and of course the breakfast were all presented beautifully. We would not hesitate to recommend this lovely bed and breakfast to anyone wanting to stay in the St. Croix River area.

Room Tip: All the rooms we peeked into we're beautifully appointed and the online pictures are great, but...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It will be hard to ever find another B&B that will top Rivertown Inn!

We stayed in the Lewis Carroll studio room, and it was lovely. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking, but that's all I can think to complain about. The bathroom/tub were part of the room with a curtain separating the toilet somewhat. Everything felt very clean and was very well-maintained.

Breakfast was excellent and felt very gourmet. The ingredients were fresh, local, organic, etc. The chef came out to explain each course, and he was a fun, personable guy. It made the experience lovely.

The grounds were well-maintained and absolutely beautiful. We were there in the fall, so the colors were gorgeous. Also, the location is convenient; we walked to Main Street for dinner and shopping so we didn't have to drive and find a parking spot.

We will be planning another stay at Rivertown Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjetta17
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We celebrated our 10th anniversary here and were absolutely pleased with just about everything. The property is beautifully decorated, the evening social hour very nice, and the breakfast and chef delightful. A very peaceful, quiet, pastoral setting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was looking for a place to take my wife for our 10 year wedding aniversary and I must say according to my wife it was the most beautiful hotel/ inn she had ever stayed in, and we have stayed in some of the worlds finest resorts so that's saying a lot. She said it was incredible and she couldn't believe that after 10 years I was still able to show her places that still wowed her. Needless to say I did my research.
I looked at many b&b's across the U.S using magazines, internet reviews, and news articles to find some of the best B&B's out there. When I stumbled across this one from the moment I saw there website I knew they would be the one. First off let me start by saying that while this place is gorgeous online the pictures do not do it justice. It IS STUNNING. The breakfast was incredible, the service was inpeckable and the location was within walking distance to the main street. I stayed in the Browning suite and while it was not my first choice (it was the only one available during the time I wanted) that feeling quickly went out the window because you guessed it, that room was also AMAZING. Seriously I would be happy sleeping in a hallway at the River Town Inn because the entire house is just incredible. All in all this was in my opinion the number one bed and breakfast in Stillwater if not then entire state and or country . The only thing I wasn't a fan of was that the sound carries a bit more in these old houses and if you are a light sleeper recommend you bring some ear plugs or sleep on the highest floor maybe even the carriage house ( top floor). But again everything else just makes up for it. Parking was also easy.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A great B & B in beautiful Stillwater. The service was amazing. The grounds were gorgeous. Unbelievable breakfast in the morning. Nice selection of rooms are available. Within walking distance of downtown Stillwater.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in the Agatha Christie grand suite. Loved the attention to detail and the jet tub. The cleanliness is excellent. The garden was gorgeous. The breakfast was delicious. The service friendly and attentive. We did give a couple of suggestions to improve the suite. Install a makeup mirror due to dim lighting in the bathroom. We didn't like the mattress and the rail at the end of the bed made it difficult to get out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadtrekers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
#1 of 8 in Stillwater
Afton House Inn
Afton House Inn
#1 of 2 in Afton

Been to Rivertown Inn? Share your experiences!