“A slice of heaven just next door”
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
Ranked #4 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“A slice of heaven just next door”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was our third trip to the Elephant Walk. I have never been to a place where I start talking about the next visit we will have there before we have even checked in. The staff is excellent, warm and friendly. We always feel at home. The common rooms are interesting and inviting, not formal like other places I have visited. The food is excellent. I have never had anything that I did not care for. I have enjoyed meeting the interesting assortment of people that join us at breakfast; you never know where the conversation will end up! Thank you Elephant Walk for providing a warm and wonderful escape form the world.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for one night to celebrate her birthday. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, given the grand tour and all necessary info, and then settled into our incredibly cozy room. The decor is Asian/vintage, full of the souvenirs from the proprietor's travels, making for a rich & interesting atmosphere. Every luxury was provided- comfortable bed, soft and sexy bedding, warm robes, bath salts & bubbles, spacious jacuzzi tub, huge windows to the balcony, gas fireplace to provide plenty of warmth, stereo with ipod hook-up, fridge, complimentary soft drinks, and wine with a wonderful cheese plate.

Our breakfast there was incredible. The most lovely & friendly woman welcomed us to the dining room and tended to our needs. The food was fresh and extraordinary-- a quarter pineapple served from the rind, stuffed french toast with fresh berries, and a rich chocolate brownie with fresh whipped cream and blackberries, along with juice and fresh coffee. The other couple there had been there for the past two nights, as well, and assured us the food had been just as fantastic each day. We spent the remainder of the morning exploring the parlor's many trinkets and imported items for sale.

The staff was interested in the reasons for our stay and made thoughtful recommendations for anything we wanted to do or see during our visit. I will highly recommend this adorable inn to friends-- I took a couple business cards to pass on to them-- and I hope that my partner and I will return when the weather is warmer and we can enjoy the beautiful gardens!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This was our first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and it totally exceeded our expectations! After a day of skiing this was the icing on the cake. Sasha was the perfect host and made us feel comfortable right away. It feels like you are walking into a different world at the Elephant Walk. There is so many treasures to look at and discover. There was cheese, crackers and food waiting for us in the room. We even had our own fireplace and jacuzzi! We slept soundly and woke up to a wonderful breakfast that was beautifully prepared. It was the prefect weekend trip!

byron bay
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Elephant Walk is a sheer delight in every respect. We bailed out of the horrible Water Street Inn after one night and stayed here 6 nights. We did have the advantage(?) of being the only guests for most of our stay, but the personal touches, the attentive service, the attention to detail and the inclusions (GOOD bottle of wine every day, cheese plate, incredible breakfasts, sodas and waters in the in-room fridge) are pretty unique and must surely win over the most discerning guest. Some might lament the lack of a TV but who needs it in this place? Even the political discussions with hostess Sasha over breakfast are fabulous!

Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My Husband and I stayed in the 'Honeymoon' suite! This room is very large with a lovely sitting area, hot tub and porch. I loved having all the windows that frame the whole south side of the room open to let the spring air in! The porch was my favorite area and we sat out and enjoyed refresments offered to us by the Inn and took in the back yard gardens. We also found downtown Stillwater a 15min walk from the Inn. We enjoyed dinner downtown and walked to and from The Elephant Walk! Breakfast was to die for and included fresh fruit, tasty egg fritters, coffee and excellent conversation!

All in all we has a wonderful time and can't wait to visit again this coming Spring!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The first time my wife and I stayed at the Elephant Walk B&B was over 10 Years ago. We keep coming back every few years, since. This was our 12th wedding anniversary and we stayed in the Raffles room for the first time.. We enjoyed the warm welcome, the wine and cheese, the fireplace, the room details, the unbelievable breakfast, and, and, and.....
We will be back......

Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We really enjoyed this B&B. They upgraded our room for free just because they didn't have all the rooms booked. I thought the room was very romantic with the whirlpool tub, candle light and wine/cheese/crackers. We also really appreciated the option of getting our breakfast brought up to our room so we could sleep in a little and it was still steaming hot!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!