“Great place with lots of international character”
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
Ranked #2 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I'm not sure how all the dusting gets done, but this place is filled—pretty much floor to ceiling—with eye-catching and interesting objects and art from the owner's travels, mostly to Thailand (or was it Korea?). Anyways, LOTS to look at, a LOT more unique then the back-woodsy, rural country decor of a lot of B&Bs.

The wine, cheese, crackers and fruit waiting for us in our room was very nice and much appreciated. The breakfast the next day was GREAT, very tasty and generous, better than some standard breakfasts provided by other B&Bs.

Would definitely stay there again if we find ourselves back in Stillwater.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2009

My partner and I stayed here for two nights while we were in town for a wedding. The rooms are lovely and a real change from traditional frilly B&Bs. Rita and Mike were very accommodating of our party - we stayed there along with another couple (also in town for the wedding). The breakfasts were excellent - you might not want to make lunch plans, though, as they are *substantial* (e.g. a quartered pineapple, stuffed french toast, a scone, more fruit, AND a slice of flourless chocolate cake - just for one person on one morning!).

Can't recommend them highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Stayed at the Elephant Walk for 2 glorious days! I was in town for a wedding and treated myself to the B&B. I'm so glad I did! Rita is a wonderful hostess. She is a world traveler (along with partner Mike) and spins a wonderful tale of places like Vietnam, Thailand, etc. The B&B is chock full of wonderful items from all over the world and you find yourself browsing through them for hours! The garden is beautiful but the rooms are the best. Private, quiet, inviting and relaxing. I am planning my next visit to Stillwater and will make the Elephant Walk my first stop!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We found the Elephant Walk B&B on the internet, and wondered whether it could live up to its promise. It more than met our expectations. Rita and Mike are wonderful hosts, the space (both inside and out) is magical, the breakfasts spectacular, and the waiting bottle of wine and cheese/fruit/homemade cracker platter an elegant touch. "Downtown" Stillwater is just a short walk away, with fine food and interesting shops.

We're already planning our next visit to the Minneapolis region to have an excuse to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Elephant Walk over the weekend. I have been raving about it to everyone I have talked to since then. What a charming, relaxing end to the day. Our hosts were gracious. The room was restful and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. There truly are not enough adjectives to properly describe the experience. If you are planning a stay in Stillwater, the Elephant Walk is a must!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband and I have spent our last 10 anniversaries at the Elephant Walk: it is this special to us! The lovely Victorian is a feast of Thailand. Whether or not you have traveled to that part of the world, you will feel transported there by the décor, the conversation, the ambience. Rita and Mike, the hosts , will greet you with a basket of lovely cheeses, fruits and wine, happily point you to various restaurants for dinner and local bike paths and serve an excellent breakfast which they obviously enjoy making, The overnight at Elephant Walk always feels like at least a long weekend vacation to us, it is such a change of atmosphere and so beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This wonderful old home is oozing with personality, comfort and charm. The owners, Rita and Mike, are warm and engaging and make you feel welcome from the start. I stayed in the Cadiz room and it was absolutely beyond wonderful. Plants everywhere, a beautiful terrace, the room furnished with pieces from all their travels and the most wonderful area for a soak in the whirlpool. Slip on the green terrycloth robe afterwards and go out onto the private terrace for a glass of wine while you lounge under the stars. The Elephant Walk is distinctively unlike any other. Oh, and the breakfast.....not only beautifully presented, but mouth watering scrumptious! Rita and Mike are truly gracious hosts and I know you would not be disappointed. I will be returning very soon. Thanks Rita and Mike for a most pleasant and enlightening stay.

• Stayed: June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
#3 of 7 in Stillwater
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Hyatt Place St Paul / Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!