“Excellent B&B! We're about to book again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
Ranked #2 of 9 Stillwater B&B and Inns
“Excellent B&B! We're about to book again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had an awesome stay in the Raffles Room at the Elephant Walk B&B in Stillwater! The house is adorned in beautiful decor from the East including many unique and interesting items that are for sale. Our room was spacious, well maintained and had wine, nuts, crackers and fruit waiting for us upon arrival. The entire house was clean and had a great energy. Our room was quite comfortable and very quiet and private despite being adjacent to another bedroom. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and our hosts were brilliant conversationalists. Lots of laughs and smiles were shared with strangers that day. We're about to book another stay!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Bengela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in the Cadiz Garden Suite. There were so many details that made it perfect for a romantic get away. When we arrived their was chilled wine, along with cheese, homemade crackers and chocolate. We had our own Keruig with a variety of cocos, teas, and coffees. The candles around the tub were a nice, romantic touch. We also loved the private deck. The food in the morning was amazing. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The Cadiz Garden Suite has a private deck. Well worth the price.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamelamand
Vashon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm a bit embarrassed that it's taken me so long to write this review, but our experience at the Elephant Walk was so lovely that I couldn't go any longer without singing this B&B's praises.

My boyfriend and I were reconnecting after over a decade so I wanted to take him someplace special. Stillwater wasn't too far out of the way and I wanted someplace unique and intimate ~ The Elephant Walk was the perfect fit. We had the Cadiz Garden Suite and arrived to a cold bottle of bubbly waiting for us on the little table in our gorgeous room, along with assorted cheeses, nuts, and flat breads. We were allowed to roam the house and take in all of the beautiful decor and keepsakes from the owners' travels around the world ~ absolutely stunning. We were at dinner later that night and showed our friends pictures we took of the room with our phones ~ they looked at us and said, "What are you doing here with us??? Go back to your fabulous room!" And so we did ~ fireplace, Jacuzzi tub for two, and one of the best breakfasts the next morning ~ A pineapple carved like a boat filled with pomegranate seeds, cream cheese-stuffed french toast, Andouille sausage, and a pear baked in custard ~ WOW. The owners were travelling, but their daughter was there to serve breakfast and was such a pleasure to talk to, making us feel completely at home.

I can't imagine a more perfect place to have rekindled what has become the most meaningful relationship of my life ~ I highly suggest The Elephant Walk to anyone wanting something "above and beyond" the typical B&B experience, and my love and I look forward to returning there again someday.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are absolutely beautiful, but the Cadiz Garden Suite has the added bonus of the lov...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katkaleighmac
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We needed to get away rather spontaneously and we didn't want to travel too far (which in the world of B&B's isn't often realistic). We stumbled upon the Elephant Walk as we scoured our possibilities. As luck would have it, they had one room (The Rangoon Room) left that weekend. One of the first challenges we faced is my wife's dietary needs. They conferred prior to our stay and went the extra mile for her.This was only the beginning of the personalized service they provided that weekend. They were extremely attentive without making us feel like we were a burden. As so many have mentioned it is their attention to detail, down to the chocolates and homemade crackers,that made our stay so special. You will want to stay for the full weekend and return often!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Lake, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We chose Elephant Walk based on all the great reviews. We wanted a nice quiet place to celebrate our 23rd anniversary and we were very happy with our choice! The Elephant Walk decor is absolutely beautiful. Sasha, the owner's daughter, was so welcoming and a delight to get to know. The food is amazing and very plentiful. Lunch was definitely not needed after the wonderful breakfast. We stayed in the Raffles room which was spacious and very luxurious with the fireplace and jacuzzi. We are planning to return late summer as the grounds, even covered in snow, looked very quaint with all the Thailand decor, and we would love to meet the owner's and hear about their travels. I would highly recommend the Elephant Walk to anyone looking for an extraordinary Bed and Breakfast experience. Definitely worth every penny!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Elephant Walk in Stillwater, MN is a very unique B&B. Surprises around every corner and a house full of cultural artifacts from the owner's travels. We stayed in the Capiz Room which was spacious and comfortable. The room was full of light and felt very peaceful. We were unable to enjoy the private garden deck just off the room as it was winter and would love to come back to it in the summer months. The bottle of wine, cheese tray and homemade crackers were wonderful as were the nuts and chocolates found in different parts of the room.

The breakfast was excellent and my coffee cup was always full. Personally, a Bed and Breakfast can be a little daunting as you never know who you will be eating with and how the conversation will go. This particular stay did have us desiring breakfast in our room, a request we will see if they can accommodate next time.

Room Tip: In the summer, splurge on the Capiz Garden Room as you have a great garden deck to spend time on. N...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Summerfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My choice of Elephant Walk was based on its excellent reviews and its proximity to the Stillwater hospital where my mother was in ICU. And it was indeed perfect-- the house was simply charming, and Sasha, the owner's daughter, could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. I returned late from the hospital to find a welcoming fire in my room and a tray of lovely flat breads, cheese, and wine. Since I had to leave very early to meet my mother's physician, I left a note saying I would not be able to have breakfast. When I came downstairs in the morning, Sasha had thoughtfully set out a lovely breakfast wrapped to go: delectable scones, coffee and fruit. Staying at the Elephant Walk was a wonderful, comforting experience. I hope to return to Stillwater with more time to savor the lovely ambiance of Elephant Walk!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!