“Perfectly Exotic and Elegant”
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
Ranked #2 of 10 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Thank you for making our anniversary one of elegant, exotic, and private relaxation! The house and rooms are gorgeous and fun to peruse. Rita and the staff is amazing. The welcome basket of wine, fruit, cheese and Rita's famous crackers was fabulous. The Chaing Mai room had lovely little touches: bath salts, lotion, Chocolates! Everything was very clean and smelled fresh. We requested breakfast in our room, which is not ususally done, and Kim did an amazing job doing this for us. The food was perfectly done and the presentation was as lovely as the food was delicious. Thank you for the Bacon ;) ! We felt well taken care of and pampered the whole time, and that our privacy and desire to "cocoon in" was respected was also appreciated. We enjoyed chatting with Kim on the way out and recognized her from her other fantastic work at other B and B's. Everything was exactly as we wanted it and we appreciate that!

Room Tip: Chaing Mai has a lovely little balcony overlooking the garden. Lovely fireplace and whirl pool tub.
1  Thank katzenjammer2009

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I were in town for a wedding and decided to make a nice weekend of it. Rita and Mike were friendly, helpful and really do a great job. The house is unique and spectacular decorated from top to bottom and in every little corner with items from Rita's travels. The food was excellent and the chocolates, cheeses, crackers and wine in the room really help set this apart from other establishments. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice relaxing getaway.

1  Thank mgfaron
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last night, October 7, 2012. There was another couple there at the same time, and he was Vietnam and has travelled in Thailand, where I believe that Mike and Rita have collected a good deal of their decor.

I just had a feeling of peace while we were there. It is full of fascinating and beautiful little and big details and they sound a gong when it is time for breakfast!! My bofriend said it was the best bed and breakfast meal he had ever had (and he is kind of picky ;)

I only wish that we had been there longer to enjoy the large spa tub. If I were going in the summer, I sould definitely splurge and get the Cadiz which has a large deck outside.

I would bring my own pillows, I normally do but decided to try to go a little lighter. The bed was VERY comfortable but the pillows were not the kind I like.

1  Thank jennie s
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was the perfect weekend get-a-way! The rooms are all unique and beautiful in their own way. So many special touches and amazing details. The food was absolutley amazing! Rita, her husband, and staff do an amazing job! Thank-you for the great weekend and wonderful memories!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenna H
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Elephant Walk is a perfect B&B for those that are unsure of staying in one! My husband and I stayed here for two nights for our 5 year anniversary, as well as get some adult, kid free time. We stayed at the Chiang Mai and it was fantastic. The pictures do not it justice! The room was large and spacious with a seperate bathroom area. There is also a small patio with large windows and a door, which was perfect for cool evenings. The extras in the room are fantastic - bath bubbles and salts, MP3 player, internet access, homemade crackers, cheese, fruit, bottle of wine, and a refridgerator stocked with soda and water. Breakfast was delicious, fresh, and wonderful. The hosts, Rita and Mike, are great and accomodating. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxing, and the Asian decor is great. There are lots of fun little and big things to look at. It's also less than a mile away from the stores and restaurants of downtown Stillwater, so it's a short, relatively easy walk! Definitly worth it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheHaases
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Elephant Walk is a very elegant 4-room bed and breakfast in Stillwater, Minnesota, just 45 minutes away from downtown Minneapolis.
It is managed by owners Rita and Mike, who are simply the most gracious hosts. Their home is decorated with unique artifacts that they have collected during the years while traveling all over the world, especially in Southeast Asia. The rooms themselves are named after some of Rita and Mike’s favorite destinations and the furniture they’ve chosen for each of them is truly exquisite. We’d booked the Chiang Mai room, which was just as pictured online. When we arrived, we found a mouthwatering basket with fruits, nuts and a selection of local cheeses and homemade crackers. Next to it was a chilled champagne bottle. The room has a balcony overlooking the garden, as well as a full bathroom complete with a double whirlpool. The bed is super comfortable, even for a light sleeper like me.
Breakfast was served by Rita herself at 9am. It began with a fresh baked berry scone and butter, accompanied by watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew cuts. The main course was a soft French-toast style egg dish, soaked in vanilla and almonds and served with strawberries, plums, kiwis and a delicious mango sauce. Chicken sausage was offered as a side. Dessert was a rich flourless chocolate cake with raspberries and crème fraiche. Drinks included coffee, tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and water.

Rita and Mike, thank you for a memorable experience. Your home is a pearl and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DorianaRuffino
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I decided to check out The Elephant Walk B&B in Stillwater to try somewhere new and we are super glad that we did. We stayed in the Cadiz Suite which was great!
Our host was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The Breakfast was very good.
I could go on and on about how nice The Elephant Walk is but just take a look at all of the other reviews here. My wife and I absolutely love it there and plan to go back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stillwater
Water Street Inn
#4 of 7 in Stillwater
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Hyatt Place St Paul / Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!