“Great food with a little kick” 4 of 5 bubbles

Smalley's Caribbean Barbeque
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Barbecue, Pub, Jamaican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food with a little kick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Shared the jerk chicken/barbeque ribs/brisket with cajun sauce. Brisket was awesome - chicken was good and the bbq ribs were ok(a little dry for my taste). They have the best sides anywhere - I had the potato salad(very good) and my buddy had the macaroni cheese which he sad was very good. I think the 3 of us tried 6 different sides and they were all very good.

New Ulm, MN
“Fun night at Smalley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went here for dinner during a girls weekend. Ended up sitting in the bar area and had great service. All of the food was good but you have to order the macaroni and cheese-amazing!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I ate here for the first time on Sunday. Warning - if you want to eat at Smalley's on a Saturday, be prepared to wait as it is very popular.

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich (which comes with one side - I had the sweet potatoes with carmelized pork) and I took half of the sandwich home for lunch today. My husband ordered the brisket sandwich and he too brought half of it home. Both were excellent.

I have one complaint about the service. The gal who was cleaning off the tables - not our waitress - kept eyeing us but did not greet us or bring water. She did, however, bring water to another table.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner on a Friday night and we will be going back. We had the fish tacos and the pulled pork sandwich which was excellent. They do have a decent size craft beer selection for a smaller restaurant. This is a great place for families, couples or singles. This is a great place to start your evening.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pimento wood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch after sightseeing. What a treat! Great food (melt in your mouth jerk chicken and shrimp, curried grilled veggies, creative salads, fun kids' menu, etc.) and really attentive service. They use real pimento wood for their jerk dishes, and you can certainly tell the depth of flavor the wood smoke imparts to the food. Must try the "for the asking" roasted peppers, but they are not for those with a mild palate!

1 Thank GlobalViewer