“Late Night Dining with a kick” 4 of 5 stars

Smalley's Caribbean Barbeque
Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Barbecue, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eagan, Minnesota
“Late Night Dining with a kick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had drinks and apps on their late night happy hour menu. The tato-ochos are amazing! Also, enjoyed the mac and cheese and the fun Caribean drinks. The service was slow and we had to eat in the upstairs bar as the main bar is super small and the deck had blaring dance music. A fun place to stop in for a quick bite.

“Liked it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Stillwater for the day and stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner. The restaurant was quite full and we were told it would be about a 10 minute wait as we requested to sit outside. We were promptly called in exactly 10 minutes and sat at a table outside. Our server was very prompt and took good care of us with refilling drinks etc. The food arrived so quickly that we honestly thought that the server was delivering it to the wrong table. It came that quick! The food tasted good and the portions were good. My wife had The jerk pork tacos and I had the ribs. The tacos were good and as expected. The ribs tasted good with jerk barbecue sauce however they were just a bit on the tough side. I consider myself a rib expert and realize they are tough to get just right. They tasted great and were most certainly edible. The million dollar question – would I come here again? The answer is yes. The only negative mark I would give the place is that the outdoor seating is right next to the road and a little bit noisy.

• 5 of 5 stars
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Unfortunate and preventable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We made a special trip to Smalley's for BBQ. I have been there before and it is very tasty food. We ordered chicken wings. While flavorful, the wings themselves were dismal at best. In the one pound order there was just one drummie and the rest were wing tips, many which were broken. It is like the cook used the scraps at the bottom of the bag. Stillwater has so many options for fun dining. Choose one other than Smalley's.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bombski”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good Food. Fun Environment. I love Stillwater so I may be a bit biased. The food was actually spicy, which is awesome. A good place to check out. A bit tacky with the pirate garb though

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were staying at a B&B and everyone was talking about going to Smalleys. It was our second night so we decided to try it out. It was very hot and humid so we wanted to eat inside. We were seated and immediately noticed that the AC must not have been up to par since it was still warm inside. Our table - a heavily glossed wood - was sticky. I ordered the Mahi Mahi Tacos and my husband ordered ribs and sweet potato fries. Our order came quickly but when I bit into my tacos I realized I had gotten pork tacos instead of fish. The Mahi Mahi was recommended so I sent my order back because I wanted to try the fish. As I waited for my order I nibbled on my husbands baked beans, corn bread and fries which were all very good. My tacos arrived and I was disappointed with my first bite as the taco was very bland. I ended up doing my own thing with them by ditching the tortillas and making it all into a salad. The waitress did not charge us for the meal which I thought was nice so she got the price of my meal for her tip. I was a little disappointed in our first trip to Smalleys. It wasn't what I had anticipated. We may go back another time, as we visit Stillwater often, but I may order different food.

• Visited July 2013