“Great Rum!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Smalley's has an amazing selection of rums; if you like Cheery Coke, try the Kilo Kai Rum with coke; it's tasty! The meals are flavorful and the service was good.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having heard good things about Smalley's and loving hot spicy food this was a natural choice for a family evening out. Upon arrival we walked by a table in front of of the entrance setup with a young women busy chatting on the telephone. Not a smile or any indication she even worked for Smally's. Upon entering the restaurant we went to the area that says please wait for hostess to seat you. A young woman manned this area and told us we needed to go outside and talk to the hostess outside. While inside we noticed about half the tables were open. When we back outside we approached the hostess again and asked if we could get a table for 3. She looked at her list and all the reservation names had be crossed out except 1. So thinking we could get immediate seating we asked for a table. The unfriendly non smiling hostess responded its going to be a least a 40 min wait. Having seen half the restaurant was unseated with not much of a waiting list I was puzzled why we couldn't get seating. I never mind waiting 30-45 minutes for a table when the food and waitstaff is good. But when I get non responsive employees that ping pong ball you back and forth coupled with the main hostess that looked and acted that she didn't want to be there....Well its a one and out. Maybe I will go back there on a different day or take a detour around that hostess. Anyways...wanted to try Smalley's but they definitely name employees that are better trained.

4  Thank Robert K
Reviewed May 11, 2013

With so many restaurant choices, we had a hard time deciding where to go. After eating at Smalley's, we were definitely satisfied. We loved the corn fritters for an appetizer and BBQ pork ribs as an entree. Variety of choices for sauce for those who can or can't handle spice. It was a unique place that you can't find just anywhere.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our family went there today and were not disappointed. My college daughter rated it 11 out of 10. We order two combo plates, wings, and a jerk taco plate so we could try everything. Brisket wasn't quite ready so didn't get try that. So I will try to rate everything we had.

1. Jerk Tacos - outstanding, if I had to order one thing there, this would be it.
2. Wings - we tried two levels of heat with jerk sauces. Loved this style of wings and the bleu cheese dip (must be made there) was the best BC dressing I've ever had.
3. Cornbread - to die for
4. BBQ'd chicken - one of the better meats there.
5. Curried vegetables - if I was a vegan, I could live with it if i could eat those every day.
6. Skins on potato salad - outstanding
7. Shrimp - I guess they were good. they didn't last long
8. Mac and cheese with bacon - my youngest ate it all. said it was fantastic.
9. Ribs - great
10. Pork shoulder - this was my least favorite meat. not as much flavor to it. I prefer a different style shoulder.
11. Beer battered fries - not bad
12. Beans and rice - I am not a big fan of these but this was our least favorite side.

Despite a couple things that weren't to die for, I would come back here anytime I am near Stillwater. i might even have to venture into the triple-six wings.

Oh year forgot, about the keylime pie - a great way to top off this meal.

You definitely need to visit this place!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great place for some spicey barbeque in the cute little riverside town of Stillwater, MN. I had the jerk chicken sandwich and potato salad and it was delicious. The atmosphere was fun, pirate themed. The restaurant was busy but there was plenty of seating, in-door and out-door. The kids will love it.