“Perfect Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Squaw Lake
My Lake Home Inn and Tree House
Ranked #1 of 1 Squaw Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I booked a last minute trip here in March. It was unseasonably warm and this was one of the only places open. Peaceful, gorgeous, relaxing with truly gracious hospitality. I'd recommended a quick escape from the cities anytime of year. You can always hot tub under the stars. Take any suggestions from Kathryn and don't miss the Lost 40, an untouched piece forest. Oh, and a hugely fantastic breakfast.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiguy72
dixoninn, Owner at My Lake Home Inn and Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hi, So glad to see your happy with us review! As you think it's a perfect get-away I think it's a perfect place to live. Yes this March isn't like last year that's for sure, but I'm really enjoying our ski trails in the warm weather. Hope you come stay with us again, Happy spring, Kathryn

Reviewed August 18, 2012

WE just need a place to escape the hustle and bustle of the cities and this place fit the bill to a tee I know a lot of people go here for fun but we just wanted to relax eat some good food You know enjoy the peace and quit of nature in northern Mn. Really shines off our great state hospitallity and all check it out and you will be pleastly surprised as I was can't wait for the return visit. Thanks again Katheryn Dominic B and guest

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dominicbabcock
dixoninn, Owner at My Lake Home Inn and Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

You are very welcome and I can't wait for you to visit again. Glad all was very relaxing for you, Kathryn

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This spot was just the stress reliever we needed! My husband and I needed to get out of the city, but we don't have a cabin. We found this place and thought it would be nice. What we didn't know was HOW nice it actually was! The place is amazing! Fishing, soaking up the sun surounded by nature's beauty in the National Forest! Plus the breakfast and host were great. We could not ask for more, and will be back very soon. Thank you My Lake Home.
Peacefull>Scott & Amanda

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank amandakorbel

I am so glad you found us and had a peaceful stay, thank you for your business and will see you soon again! Kathryn

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at My Lake Home Bed & breakfast, and already we can't wait to go back there again!! Summer is going so fast, but it is so relaxing and inviting up there that any time of the year is a good time to go!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bkmvtraveler
MyLakeHome, Owner at My Lake Home Inn and Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

As it is a pleasure always to have repeat guest such as yourself. I am so glad you always enjoy our peace and quiet. That is one of our top compliments and we are so happy to be able to offer the beauty of the National park to our guests. Now I seem to remember you were talking about trying out our ski trails this winter... if you think it's quiet in the summer, you should check out winter. As always thanks for your business!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Most relaxing place on earth! This b&b had everything we needed to recharge our life. It was so calming. The view is amazing. We fished,went swimming, went on walks enjoyed a camp fire and just sat and did nothing.Kathryn was such a great host. The house is amazing.I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori H
MyLakeHome, Owner at My Lake Home Inn and Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

So glad you enjoyed our place, appreciate your kind words and hoping to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

1. Owner failed to notify about her cancellation fee at the time we made our reservation
2. They had the nerve to charge our credit card a $32 cancellation fee even though I cancelled our reservation less than 24 hours after we made it.
3. Owner complained about another guest because they had requested vegan food
4. Rates are lower (and no breakfast) for those who find her on Craig's List and higher if you hear about her elsewhere.

Looks like a nice place and would have re-scheduled but were turned off by the surprise cancellation fee on credit card.

I understand the need for cancellation fee if the operator turned away other guests AND the cancellation is so last minute they have little or no time to book a new guest AND as long as they provide sufficient advance notice about their fee policy.

None of these factors were true in this case. The reservation for 1 room was for the middle of the week and the owner specifically said there were no other guests booked. I reserved and cancelled within 24 hours.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah S

So sorry you are not happy! I do clearly state my policies on my web site and on confirmations. Your booking came in 3 days before arrival according to my records and you cancelled less than 24 hours of arrival. Most places would charge for the room, I did not.
I do offer just lodging here sometimes. Some people like a more inexpensive rate and prefer no breakfast. and it fills my empty rooms and gives the other guests more space to themselves. That's an advantage I have with owning a guest home I can include it with the B&B or not, depending on what the guest wants. I try to cater to all budgets and all vacationers. As for your comment about the vegan, I have never even had a vegan request so I don't know where you heard it but it wasn't from me. In the future when you book some where ask about the policies, especially when your giving out your credit card #. I as an innkeeper am answering policy questions all the time, I understand my guests concern and I want my guests to understand my policies.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Our whole family was took over this B@B nicely. Great lake view. Lots of fun winter activities,clean and comphy. We fished, ice skated and had lots of great food. Kathryn and Lyle are great hosts!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Deb K

Been to My Lake Home Inn and Tree House? Share your experiences!