“Average Small Town Motel...”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Spring Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spring Valley
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stay here just about a few times every year. I feel like they always give me the same room. Because I get the TV with the bad remote that never works right. Other then that rooms were ok I mean I don't expect a 5 star motel/hotel in a small town. Other then that affordable rooms free internet wi-fi. Get's packed around the summer so book your room month before hand.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BigSerb

Reviewed November 26, 2012

First the positives. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and quiet. What was not so positive was the rather rude lady at the reception desk when I checked in. I asked for a complimentary upgrade since the motel was empty except for us and maybe 2 other rooms that were taken and she rudely said, "No! Not unless you want to pay $110 a night!" She could have been nicer about it. Our room did not get cleaned for 3 days. Housekeeping is only there working until 11am, so if you are not out of your room by then, your room does not get cleaned. We were able to get some clean towels, but had to ask for them. The breakfast area had a limited selection of cereal, pastries, breads and muffins. Only two kinds of cereal for the whole time there. Unfortunately it is the only motel in town and the rates reflect it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A former Super-8 motel, it's a nice, no-frills place to stay when visiting family in the area. Continental breakfast is more than adequate. The staff was friendly. There was a mix-up with our room that could have been a problem if we hadn't noticed that the receipt we were given actually belonged to someone else. The air conditioning in our room had a hard time keeping up with the 90+ degree heat. Overall, it served our needs.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lostvillage
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Spring Valley Inn is relatively new facility that is a much cheaper option to staying at one of the B&B's in the Lanesboro area. The breakfast area is nice, but there could have been a better selection of items. (Maybe because I was there in the winter they keep things at a minimum??) Rooms were nice size and the Heat/AC unit was quiet. I'd come back again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank prairiefoxMn_Usa
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a very clean, and affordable inn. The staff was friendly. The stay was very pleasant for the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickieehrhardt
Reviewed July 28, 2011

. . . clean, safe and mostly quiet. We enjoyed our stay in those regards. The staff was not overly friendly or attentive upon arrival on Saturday afternoon.Upon check out they seemed to be otherwise preoccupied. The breakfast was basic, but when considering the room price $70+ for two people for one night not much of a value.

We have no complaints about anything else and as always wireless Internet service that works is a plus in our book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank truetravelcompanions
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The best customer service I have ever had at a motel. I took a wrong turn and did not arrive when they expected, and they called me to make sure I was safe in spite of the inclement weather. Pet-friendly, which was a necessity on my trip. Very clean with large, comfortable rooms. Free high-speed wireless internet, as well as a computer room. I do not normally write reviews, but I had to let everyone know how well I was treated at this motel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank petey063

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Spring Valley? Share your experiences!