“Great food to go with the wine”

Four Daughters Vineyard & Winery
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great food to go with the wine”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have visited over 20 Minnesota and Wisconsin vineyards. This was one of the larger facilities we have seen and it was very nice. Four Daughters also has one of the biggest and best menus available at a vineyard. It almost more of a restaurant than a vineyard. That is a nice option when many of the vineyards have no food options or options that are limited to only finger food, prepackaged foods, or cheeses. We both found a wine we liked and we bought a few bottles.

Visited July 2013

Winona, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“For an afternoon...”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been her twice now. It is very spendy, but the food and wine are "fun" to say the least. I love the way the wine tasting is set up. I also love the food-spicy shrimp-yum! Will visit again soon!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JLStoner
Lakeville, Minnesota
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“stopped in for a tasting...left with 3 bottles”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped here for a tasting as we got a free one with out wine growers passport.. I was disappointed as we had to decide on a white or red tasting but as there were only two reds I wanted to taste they gave us those also ..very nice of them..they were having brunch and has some quite interesting fod Items such as a Bratwurst hash I would have liked to try if we weren't still full from breakfast...I've seen other reviews complain about the price,,at least for the brunch everything seemed very reasonable ,,the Brat hash was $7,70

We enjoyed the La Crescent, Brinna and the Nude Etude and got a bottle of each ...they were a little on the pricy side but you have to be willing to pay a little to support the Minnesota wine industry that gets better each year.

Visited October 2013
Kansas City
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not your typical winery, but a nice place nonetheless”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon, four adults and one infant. Surprised at how big the place was. Really was expecting something more quaint and farm-like, but the building is gorgeous and I could see folks having events there. Everyone's taste for wine is subjective to me, but this place had a nice mix of what I would deem higher quality wine down to a very simple drinking wine. The Big Boy Blend was my favorite overall and think it will age well. We each did the wine tasting ($5 for 4 or 5 tastes). Don't normally pay for tastings in other places, but $5 is reasonable. Like the little description sheet they give with each and the server was so-so about describing each.

Probably the thing that made it better overall was the full kitchen. We enjoyed the brie appetizer and split a pizza, which were both delicious. When you are used to getting just cheese and crackers, this is a great addition.

As I said, the service was ok, nothing amazing but certainly not bad either. The owner came over at one point though and answered our questions, sharing a little more about the winery, which was very nice of her.

Overall it's a great place worth stopping at for an afternoon.

Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Cold reception.....”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we first arrived at the bar we were greeted but the person never followed through with getting us going with our tastings and possibly dinner. Several people asked if they could help us but no one did until one of the "four sisters" stepped up and got us going. She apologized for the confusion and seated up and brought us our wine tastings. It sure seemed chaotic. We were then greeted by the winemaker who again apologized and proceeded to tell us the history of the winery and suggested a place for our next stop. We liked a lot of their wines - ended up buying three bottles (one that wasn't ready to be drunk yet so my husband will have to wait awhile.) The place was very impressive and expensive - $85.00 for 3 bottles and 2 tastings........
We were interested in having dinner but they didn't have their dinner menu -- on a Sturday night???

Visited August 2013