“Looked for reason to complain and couldn't find one.”
Review of Northern Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spicer
Northern Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Spicer
Mpls Mn
“Looked for reason to complain and couldn't find one.”
Reviewed December 11, 2009

After looking through other guest on here and reading the ratings I had to check it for myself. I send alot of Customers to this Hotel and have never had complaints from any of them,
It is a shame that after the owners have worked so hard to update and improve this Hotel someone trying to over accomadate a room has to put such a bad report out there.
I hope other customers will see that that report was put out there to try to hurt the reputation of the Hotel because they did not get their way.
I will continue to send Clients to this Hotel . I have stayed there myself and know that I have not had any Rude personnal . Sometimes it's the way you treat people that has someone react to you .See for yourself this Hotel is very clean and nicly decorated has a great indoor pool and is in a Great Location!!!!!!!!!
Give them a Try....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerMplsMN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis
Reviewed December 3, 2009

We always stay here while visiting our family. This place has been updated, especially pool area looks nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. Great location and we enjoy being so close to lake when we come in summer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelerMN12
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I have never experienced such a rude and disrespectful hotel staff! Be careful when giving them your credit card # as they charged mine after I stayed there for more than the amount I signed on the receipt. I had to cancel my card b/c I didnt want them to use the number to buy stuff for themselves.
The rooms were very dirty and i found dead bugs in the window sill and the bathroom was disgustingly dirty. The staff was not accomodating and I had to pay extra for a blanket. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOTEL, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MNNATIVE11

Travelers are raving about these Spicer hotels

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed October 4, 2009

The staff was incredibly rude from the second we checked in. We originally booked up a 2 bed suite with a pull-out couch 8 months in advance and planned to have 3 couples stay in the room for the night for a wedding. When we arrived to check in for our reservation, much to our surprise we found the room they gave us a had only one bed with a pull-out and there was nothing else available in the hotel. We reluctantly took it b/c we had no other choice. We asked for a cot and even though they were available they refused to give us one. When we asked for a couple extra blankets (for the unlucky couple now sleeping on the floor) they refused that too!! We had to literally argue with them just to get extra blankets. Later that evening we were stopped on our way to the wedding reception, wasting our time that we should have been spending with our family and friends only to be told that only 4 people could sleep in the room and we were forced to kick out 1 couple! They had to go to a different hotel 15 miles away. When checking out of the hotel, the staff made it point to check the room to make sure the third couple did not stay, and made it clear that we would be charged a higher rate if more people were found in the hotel room. I can honestly say this was the worst experience I have ever had in any hotel in my entire life. If you have any choice at all, stay away!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank MNHotelReviewers25
Stasha23, owner at Northern Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2009
In this harsh economic times I understand you’d like to have as many people as possible in the room and split up the cost but unfortunately it is not possible due to safety reason. So I am sorry you found our personnel rude when they are doing their job and provide safety for all our guests. So I think it is your poor planning and not our customer service.
The room you claimed you booked is called Family suite however as its names says, it is meant to accommodate larger family not 3 adult couples. At the time of your stay we had only 1 family suite in the whole hotel and that particular room was already booked when you were making your reservation back in February of 2009. So I am sorry for the misunderstanding but the room you wanted to book was already not available and was not the room you ended up getting. Not at any time of making reservation did you mention you planned to have 3 couples in the room.
At the check in you registered only 4 people on our registration form not 6, and came back to the front desk asking for a rollaway and we kindly explained that it won’t fit in this room due to lack of space. That’s when you started to argue and requested 10 blankets. You were told there was one extra inside of the dresser in the room and given 3 more blankets and 2 pillows, which should’ve been adequate to occupancy of the room and 4 registered guests. You kept sending different people for more blankets and when asked for which room they lied and gave the room nr and pointed towards the room across the hallway from the one you occupied but unfortunately it isn’t a rental unit. That’s when it was brought to our attention that there is more than 4 people in your room. I’m sorry you think it was rude to stop you on your way to a reception but you forgot to mention that you sneaked out through the back door (your room was the closest one to the lobby) with all your friends and needed to be told about the situation. We explained that due to safety reason you can’t have more people than maximum occupancy of this room which is 4 not 6. And unfortunately we told you we were booked that night and couldn’t accommodate the 3rd couple that you didn’t register right from the beginning. I can’t imagine if I’d stay in any other hotel that their management would let me do the same thing.
Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Across the street from Green Lake. Room OK with small bathroom. Very clean. Helpful staff. WiFi intermittent. Good value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank HowardVirginia
sarahh2996
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This hotel is a nice property with clean rooms, excellent staff and very good location. We wanted to get away "from it all" and found this place from word of mouth. There is a pool, hot-tub, and a sauna that we all enjoyed. It's also across from the public swim beach and only a few blocks away is a very fun playground. Everyone was so nice and so helpful. We had one issue with a loud group coming back to the hotel later in the night but that problem was taken care of immediately! I'd definitely recommend this place to everyone I know.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sarahh2996
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spicer
Hampton Inn Spicer Green Lake
#6 of 8 in Willmar
Best Western Plus Willmar
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Willmar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willmar

Been to Northern Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!