“local residency”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Northern Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spicer
Northern Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Spicer
Spicer, Minnesota, United States
“local residency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

i have found a very pleasent stay and a great bound with my stays,and would encourage all the stay, i have been greeted with the wonderful shaft members/owners,our only down fall would be we can,t stay longer then we do. but we will keep coming back...for as long as they r still here

Room Tip: top floor less noise,room 204 the best, great place to hold a pool party for the kids, close to eati...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waconia, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Northern Inn for 2 nights to attend a wedding at the American Legion. We stayed in room 110.
Our first response to the room when we walked in was that it smelled. We later found out that it was the renuzit air freshener that must have been just put in the room and opened completely to try and hide some smell. The towels were very old and not soft at all. The beds were the worst part of all, as they seemed to be very old as they were hard, and had minimal support with how they sagged. On Sunday when we were checking out all of the continental breakfast things were gone by 1030am.
The positive is that it is right next door to the American Legion for the wedding, and across the street from Zorbas that was we went to the night before and is a very fun place.
For the price of a standard room I would expect much more, and if we were to return to the area we would drive to willmar for a much more comfortable nights sleep and value for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fergus Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had our Family Reunion early this year to share our new baby with everybody, we had great time, got a use of this nice weather not typical for March in Minnesota but it worked out great.
My nieces enjoyed the pool a lot.

Room Tip: they have a lot of room types that will accommodate smaller or larger family, poolside rooms are gre...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M_SFF_12
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

My two small children and I travel a lot, which can be a challenge. We found this hotel to be very accommodating to our needs. The rooms and pool area were very clean and I felt comfortable with the baby crawling on the floor. The staff was kind and helpful. We were able to get into our room early for a nap, which was a bonus. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stay in Spicer once a year for the Green Lake Triathlon and we always stay at the Northern Inn. We have always found the staff to be very accommodating and easy to deal with. Our rooms have always been clean and well made up. The hotel is very conveniently located and offer a small continental breakfast. The only suggestion I would have would be to offer us athletes some hard boiled eggs or something similar for breakfast. Other than that, I think the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010
Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is an older hotel with no frills. It is in a great location across from Green Lake. However, I have nothing good to say about my visit. I was there one night with my Mother and sisters. When we pulled back the sheets to go to bed, we saw that the sheets were full of hair, etc. and had not been cleaned from the previous guests. The towels were extremely thin, old and smelled. I do not believe they had been changed either. When the owners were informed, they did come remake the beds, however we still paid full rate and they seemed a bit put out by it all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank briggsgirl
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

The room was clean but needs updating, hotel is in a nice quiet area. Rate was adequate.

However, I was disappointed in the afternoon staff. Not friendly at all and trying to locate them (by dialing '0' on the phone even) was hard to do. Not very accommodating. They did have wireless internet but it cut in and out a lot. It was as if I was bothering them when I called the front desk with a wireless question. The hot tub was luke warm and the pool was cloudy (to the point you couldn't see the bottom drain cover) and I was shocked they allowed people to use it (We refused to use it). Breakfast was a few things thrown on a tray and the bagels looked old. Coffee was cold. I guess if you don't want to use the pool area, don't eat the breakfast in the morning, and have the least amount of contact with staff, it's okay to stay here. Unless I hear things have changed, I won't be back and I won't recommend to my clients, family, and friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sb1956
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spicer
Days Inn Willmar
#1 of 3 in Paynesville
Super 8 Willmar
Super 8 Willmar
#7 of 8 in Willmar

Been to Northern Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!