“Great place for family Reunion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northern Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spicer
Northern Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Spicer
Fergus Falls
“Great place for family Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had our Family Reunion early this year to share our new baby with everybody, we had great time, got a use of this nice weather not typical for March in Minnesota but it worked out great.
My nieces enjoyed the pool a lot.

Room Tip: they have a lot of room types that will accommodate smaller or larger family, poolside rooms are gre...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M_SFF_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

My two small children and I travel a lot, which can be a challenge. We found this hotel to be very accommodating to our needs. The rooms and pool area were very clean and I felt comfortable with the baby crawling on the floor. The staff was kind and helpful. We were able to get into our room early for a nap, which was a bonus. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stay in Spicer once a year for the Green Lake Triathlon and we always stay at the Northern Inn. We have always found the staff to be very accommodating and easy to deal with. Our rooms have always been clean and well made up. The hotel is very conveniently located and offer a small continental breakfast. The only suggestion I would have would be to offer us athletes some hard boiled eggs or something similar for breakfast. Other than that, I think the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010
Broomfield, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is an older hotel with no frills. It is in a great location across from Green Lake. However, I have nothing good to say about my visit. I was there one night with my Mother and sisters. When we pulled back the sheets to go to bed, we saw that the sheets were full of hair, etc. and had not been cleaned from the previous guests. The towels were extremely thin, old and smelled. I do not believe they had been changed either. When the owners were informed, they did come remake the beds, however we still paid full rate and they seemed a bit put out by it all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank briggsgirl
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

The room was clean but needs updating, hotel is in a nice quiet area. Rate was adequate.

However, I was disappointed in the afternoon staff. Not friendly at all and trying to locate them (by dialing '0' on the phone even) was hard to do. Not very accommodating. They did have wireless internet but it cut in and out a lot. It was as if I was bothering them when I called the front desk with a wireless question. The hot tub was luke warm and the pool was cloudy (to the point you couldn't see the bottom drain cover) and I was shocked they allowed people to use it (We refused to use it). Breakfast was a few things thrown on a tray and the bagels looked old. Coffee was cold. I guess if you don't want to use the pool area, don't eat the breakfast in the morning, and have the least amount of contact with staff, it's okay to stay here. Unless I hear things have changed, I won't be back and I won't recommend to my clients, family, and friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sb1956
Mpls Mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

After looking through other guest on here and reading the ratings I had to check it for myself. I send alot of Customers to this Hotel and have never had complaints from any of them,
It is a shame that after the owners have worked so hard to update and improve this Hotel someone trying to over accomadate a room has to put such a bad report out there.
I hope other customers will see that that report was put out there to try to hurt the reputation of the Hotel because they did not get their way.
I will continue to send Clients to this Hotel . I have stayed there myself and know that I have not had any Rude personnal . Sometimes it's the way you treat people that has someone react to you .See for yourself this Hotel is very clean and nicly decorated has a great indoor pool and is in a Great Location!!!!!!!!!
Give them a Try....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerMplsMN
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

We always stay here while visiting our family. This place has been updated, especially pool area looks nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. Great location and we enjoy being so close to lake when we come in summer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelerMN12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spicer
BEST WESTERN PLUS Willmar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willmar
Spicer Castle Inn
Spicer Castle Inn
#1 of 1 in Spicer

Been to Northern Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!