“Like Mom used to make (or better! SHHH!)”
Review of Coop

Coop
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Small restaurant designed primarily for takeout. Seating for maybe ten people, I didn't really count. Food is terrific though, worth going for, and isn't that why we go to a restaurant? :-) There's a bit of a wait as each order is cooked fresh for the customer rather than taking pre cooked pieces off a warmer tray like a big chain. Whatever they are using for batter is really good as the skin is done to taste and texture perfection. I've had sandwiches and the chicken breast and both were equally good. Even the atmosphere is nice, with locals bustling in and out. The place is staffed primarily with young adults or high schoolers, and despite that it is pleasant and professional. I was wary the first time I went, having tried to eat in a place lacking a visible adult manager type and experiencing the pandemonium and "playtime" such circumstances can create, but was pleasantly surprised by the demeanor encountered.

There are newer reviews for Coop

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I love places like this. Great food made by the family that runs the place and show that they care about their customers. There are only two tables, but I suspect most folks just grab the chicken and eat at home. My daughter and I had the double bacon cheeseburger, which had a grilled bun. Very tasty. The basket comes with crinkle cut fries, done just right, nice and crispy. I originally ordered a pizza burger, but was told the last ones they received weren't up to their standards, so they weren't selling them. How many places do that today? Many would just take your money and run. My wife had the chicken sandwich and raved about it. The mini doughnuts are the ones from the state fair, we were told. And yes, they were delicious.

Try this quaint little place for a reprieve from the big chains. You'll save a few bucks, get better food and support a small business.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Friendly and very good chicken. It would be nice if they had delivery ! It's nice to have a place in the neighborhood !

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just love this place. Fantastic Chicken! And the ribs are fall off the bone tender. The people here are so friendly and the prices very reasonable. We have also used them in the past for catering.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

None of their food is bad. They have the best mini donuts I have ever had! Yes...even better then the Minnesota State Fair!! I love their fish and I am excited to try some of their new menu options!