“Practice makes perfect.”
Review of The Daily Diner - CLOSED

The Daily Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Daily Diner is the kind of place that I would like to see do well. The location is great with a fantastic corner view of a very busy intersection. The 'must see' is the gorgeous wall made out of 'broken dishes'. The decor is very inviting, their website is well done and easily read. The appearance of this establishment says quality, thought, and creativity.The uniqueness of this restaurant is that they provide vocational training opportunities for men and women transitioning out of homelessness and poverty.

The Cinnamon Roll French Toast was good, but every couple of bites, it would be gooey-soggy like the inside of an underdone pancake. I knew it had to be a previously baked cinnamon roll, but the taste was similar to raw batter....not sure....The Pancakes, on our second visit, were much better and I enjoyed them. The bacon had a distinct flavor that I am not sure I liked. I do not know if it was pork or turkey bacon?? A third member of our party was unimpressed by his eggs over easy and toast. It may have had to do with the side of cold sausages. He told the waitress, who quickly brought out another plate of three more sausages. I tasted one right away and it too was cool. Having spent ten years working in a commercial kitchen, I'm a tad curious how exactly, they cook them? The manager came over, apologized and offered to take 'one coffee' off our check. My husband had the House-made Granola served with Yogurt both times and he said it was delicious.

My third visit was for lunch, at which I had the BBQ pork sandwich. The bun was perfect, the sauce was tangy, but the pork itself seemed to be bits and pieces, some of which were hard/dry/crunchy?? The food came out quickly and the waitstaff were attentive and polite.

So, with that said, after three visits, would I go back on a regular basis? Unfortunately, not for the food. They are going to have to take it up a notch.

1  Thank SuzyQ5