“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shoreview
Baudette, Minnesota
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

After driving all day my daughter and I had a late afternon check-in. It was so nice after a long day on the road to be greeted by staff that was so friendly, efficient and welcoming. The room was beautiful, clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. We purchased some late-night snack items at the little store near the front desk - convenient and well stocked. Breakfast was busy, but that is to be expected mid-morning on a Saturday, and the food was good. Check-out was easy, grabbed a coffee to go and hit the road well rested! I definitely plan to stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our property! We are so glad that your stay was GREAT!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fargo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a lacrosse tournament. It seemed brand new. Beds were amazing. Breakfast was a bit chaotic... no seating, out of food, logistics/placement of plates, silverware, condiments didnt make sense... But overall was an excellent stay for an excellent price. ($89.00)

Room Tip: Room 203 had alot of road noise. The other side of the hallway would be quieter I think.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback on Trip advisor. We are very glad your stay was excellent!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a very physical and demanding job to do and was very tired when arriving. The desk clerk greeted us warmly and asked if we needed anything. Being cold and tired we said we could use some hot chocolate. She went out of her way to get it for us, even though it was late. We had a very nice stay

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback!! We are so glad that our staff was so accomodating for you! See you again soon!
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am a Club Carlson member and used my points to book a one night stay for my brother's 30th birthday. (28,000 points) I called the hotel twice to confirm that he was booked to a whirlpool suite - he was paying the room upgrade fee of $40 for the night. I was told by Ashley the front desk supervisor that he was for sure booked to whirlpool suite. When my brother arrived for his reservation they were sold out and he was told that there were no whirlpool suites available. The closest hotel that they were able to find that had a whirlpool suite available was in ELK RIVER! When I called and spoke with Ashley she informed me that her general manager overbooked them a whirlpool suite or that someone extended their stay and that is why there was no more suites left for my brother. Furthermore - they didn't even take care of his stay at the other Country Inn and Suites.

The worst part. I called the following Monday to discuss the situation with the general manager (Carl) and all he kept telling me was that because I was a Carlson hotel employee that somehow that is why I no longer had the whirlpool suite for my brother. (And he kept saying that the upgrade is based on availability and it was no longer available - which makes no sense because the room was already guaranteed to be a whirlpool suite according to Ashley.) So they bump my reservation because I'm an employee? Even though I was paying the same amount of Club Carlson points that any other member would have to pay? I asked him to refund me my 23,000 points that were used for my brother's stay in Elk River and he denied it, but offered me to stay with them a different time in one of their best suites. I rejected that offer. I don't want to stay at their hotel nor do I ever plan to. If this is how they take care of their rewards members by sending them to a hotel far away when THEY were the ones that overbooked a room type and on top of that not pay for it - I never would bring or recommend any business in their direction.

On a good note - the Elk River Country Inn and Suites was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kendra U
I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience here with us. For Carlson employees we always try our very best to upgrade them when the rooms are available. In this circumstance it was not available for upgrading due to being 100% full. I again apologize for this and would love to try and accomodate your request for a future date when we are not 100% full. Have a wonderful day!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is really nice and close to my regular visiting place. I would definetly stay at this place again. Breakfast was really good. Rooms were nice and well maintained. I did not get a chance to check out swimming pool but I guess it will be wonderful, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is great to hear you will be back again! Thanks for your business and have a great day!

-Carl Eriksson General Manager
Mahtomedi, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here with 5 Tweens for a birthday sleepover party on a Saturday night. Belinda and Kim were both very friendly and accommodating. The pool area is nice for kids. It has a water slide, small regular pool, a separate small wading pool for toddlers, and fair-sized hot tub. Seems to be a popular place for families and kids on the weekends because of the pool. They do have adult only swim after 10 pm. The woman who worked in the pool area was incredibly friendly, great with kids and tried to make sure everyone had a good time. Room was clean, but fan did not work in the bathroom. Normal continental breakfast with malted waffles and scrambled eggs, etc. Rooms are well soundproofed as neighbors said they couldn't hear our really noisy kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LikeLotsOfPillows
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We would love to see you again in the future!

Carl Eriksson- General Manager
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Terrible experience - some hotel's responsibility, some chance. For hotel, pool looked very dirty. My 10 yr old and I didn't want to swim after we'd had a look. The hot tub looked ok but was full of rowdy hockey players who had also set off the fire alarm. Nice staff but hotel seemed unprepared to handle to problems of wild teenage hockey players. Topper was broken shower. Pass on ever staying again.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BethJ-Palik
Carl E, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, the pool area is currently undergoing a major renovation to make it beautiful once again! Please contact the hotel directly to discuss your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shoreview
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
BEST WESTERN Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview
Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis St. Paul-Shoreview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
BEST WESTERN PLUS Blaine At The National Sports Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview? Share your experiences!