“very pleasant experience”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shoreview
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
“very pleasant experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 8 days and every day was a pleasure. High value for money, very pleasant and friendly staff, great breakfast... a pity they have to use the breakfast room as restaurant (food was good) i.e. virtually no privacy and there is no bar.
Rooms were also good and clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HiltonShoreview, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis St. Paul-Shoreview, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for being our guest, we love having you here. Thank you for your review, your comments are greatly appreciated...We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kearney, NE
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife, I, and my daughter's family stayed in the Minneapolis area for the weekend to start our vacation and needed a hotel that was close to the in-laws in Coon Rapids as well as the the twin city metro area. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn in Shoreview because of our Hilton Honors membership, plus we have always had good luck with HGI. This is a very clean and well managed facility. The breakfast was exceptional and Sunday's hostess Shiela was very outgoing, friendly and attentive to every detail. The rooms were typical HGI but the beds were the best we slept on our entire week of vacation. Kudos to the Shoreview HGI staff and managment. When in the Twin cities again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RtripKearney
NC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was nice - clean and your typical Hilton Garden Inn room. Breakfast was ok - not a great selection but your basic oatmeal, yogurt, eggs to order, etc. The hotel could use some renovating. The door to my room was very hard to open (seemed to drag on the floor) and the closet and bathroom doors wouldn't stay open on their own. The hair dryer was also old and didn't work that well. Also it was a little noisy between the AC unit, water through the pipes, and hearing people walk on the room above. Overall the staff was nice and the room was comfortable but could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor if you're a light sleeper so you won't hear the people above...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a good hotel for business travelers. The rooms are your basic hotel room as is all HGI. Staff are pretty good. One colleague commented that the hallways were dark and dingy. I didn't really feel that way (especially after staying at the Hampton next door - now that's dark and dingy). The lobby is very light with an atrium effect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cloquet Minnesota
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We booked our stay via hotwire.com It's a wonderful place to stay. It's a very modern, clean placed to stay with beautifull landscapped lawns outside. The room was perfect and the staff friendly and helpful.

The only negative comment we have is that the walls don't seem to be very soundproof. We could very clearly hear the TV next door and everytime someone either above us or next to us drew water, there was a very loud rushing water sound in our room. The people in the room above us for some reason felt the need to walk around at 3:00 am and of course followed that up with a shower....which kept us awake for about an hour or so.

Bring ear plugs and you'll really enjoy this place. It's a first class place !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I was at the Hilton Garden Inn, Shoreview Minnesota and was greeted by the front desk staff before I got through the front door! They welcomed me with sincere enthusiasm and proceeded to check me in very swiftly. What I noticed at this hotel that was different was they paid attention to me and kept eye contact the entire time! They were over generous by getting directions for me on the internet and making sure I knew where I was headed for appointments. When my rental car had not arrived, a staff member actually drove me to my destination at no charge! The service never stopped. I forgot my toothbrush and they gave me toothpaste and toothbrush at no charge. My room was spectacular. Spotless and so comfortably decorated. I truly enjoyed my complimentary internet and my large bathroom. Breakfast was superb! For $10 there were over 30 items on the buffet and an omelet station that also included bacon, sausage, and hash browns. I could barely eat 1/10 of my meal and had I been at a chain restaurant for breakfast that amount of food would have cost over $20.00. During my stay everyone greeted me with big smiles in the morning and when I returned in the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed eating outside in the evening on the outdoor patio near the garden where they actually grow their own herbs, tomatos and other vegetables that they used in preparing my meals. WOW.....5 stars all the way. It felt like my home away from home.I even got to view a beautiful wedding that was held on another flower strewn patio!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sheilaannestuart
Minnesota
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding and it was overall a great experience. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are fairly spacious and the beds and bathrooms are wonderful. We went walking around the area and there was a nice path. There's also a mini fridge and microwave provided so that was a nice feature to have. The breakfast had a great variety, but was a bit pricey ($10?). We throughly enjoyed our stay here and if we were ever in the area again it would be on the top of our list.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shoreview
Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roseville, MN
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Roseville Minneapolis

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis St. Paul-Shoreview? Share your experiences!