See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2016

My family of four (two adults and a 6 & 8 year old) just got back from a vacation that included two nights at Cabin Eleanor. We were visiting Itasca State Park and the Headwaters of the Mississippi, and this was a great location to base out of. The cabin was a short, straight drive from the park and also an easy drive to Bemidji (around 20 minutes). Everything inside the cabin was clean and comfortable. The kitchen was completely stocked with everything from pots to coffee filters. Outside the cabin has a great deck and beautiful surrounding property. I would certainly recommend it to those looking for a relaxing place to get away.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2016

This has quickly become one of my favorite destinations. Everything was clean and organized; very well kept. The scenery was beautiful. There were plenty of things to do for both adults and kids, from fishing to hiking trails, barbeques and bonfires. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be returning and I hope others visit too.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank John N
Reviewed February 13, 2016

This was our 3rd time staying at the cabin, known as The Eleanor. It's the only cabin on the beautiful property. The cabin was very clean and well decorated. We enjoyed grilling on the charcoal grill and cooking in the fully furnished kitchen. Everyday we explored the trails thru the woods. Can't wait to visit again next winter!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Eleanor four nights in April 2015. The cabin is so perfect, warm, inviting, well-appointed. Everything we needed was there, including linens. The gas fireplace was so nice! We enjoyed driving our golf cart on all the trails, walking in the woods and canoeing. Annie was so kind and accommodating. This was the most relaxing vacation ever!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at the Black Lantern last June. It was absolutely amazing. The venue is so beautiful. The owner was extremely helpful and made our weekend event even memorable. Great place to have an outdoor wedding.

Date of stay: June 2014